Sign in to follow this  
Astrasteve

ABS Light

Car went in for MOT today. Failed for a couple of sillys such as tyre depths and another being the ABS light not lighting up when the ignition was turned on. Since i've owned the car it never worked,it didnt even have any internals,cables- nothing. as far as i was conserned it was just a plastic cover. This needs to be remediated, any suggestions as to how i could go about fixing something to get it through. I was comnsidering trying to see if i could run it from the oil pressure light so that it went out with that. The ABS working so unfortunetly if this is the case, the light must also operate. Abit pernickity i think.

The ABS *is* working? You're sure? Most people who remove the wiring do so for a reason.

Well the long answer is you need to rewire the light, but the short answer is you might be able to get a delay circuit that will fake the light being on for the pre-req amount of time.

but the short answer is you might be able to get a delay circuit that will fake the light being on for the pre-req amount of time.

Or get a dash blank and replace the ABS light with it...not that i'm condoneing that! :lol:

There's a board on the wall that describes the correct sequence of lights at most MOT testers, for all models. If they're sharp enough to spot that the light never comes on they're sharp enough to spot it's not there!