Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

which 6x4's

im tring to find out whitch 6x4 speakers i can fit without having to cut away at the shelf surport (dont mind cuting a bit of speaker suround whitch ive seen someone on here has done)???

and do you think putting 4" speakers in the dash, 5.25" in the doors and 6x4 out back will give me a good enought sounding set up?

i have these jbl's in the shelf sides,happy enough with them :)

required some cutting,although the original speaker and holder will still go back in exactly as before...

pics just to show whats involved.

neil.

jblrear.jpg

25-4-061.jpg

25-4-065.jpg

25-4-066.jpg

Don't bother with them, not any 6x4 speakers will ever sound brilliant.

No, but they're a good option if you want to upgrade without cutting holes in your parcel shelf

Don't bother with them, not any 6x4 speakers will ever sound brilliant.

The Lanzars in mine sound phenominal for the size and are an excellent option!!!!!!!!!

Dont bother wit hthem, get a good set of components in the front in the factory positions with a decent amp, and pop a 10 inch sub in the boot running off the amp too and ditch the rear speakers altogether. The sound you will get out of a good set of amped components will mean you dont need any rear fill anyway. Installation is everything wit hthe componens though so if your not confident you can get them mounted firmly yourself pay someone who knows what they are doing to pop them in for you, and budget for some Dynamat or similar around the woofers too. Dont try to put 4 inch speakers in the dash, jsut put th etweeters in there....

Mark

well ive already got some sony gear left over from my golf: tweakers, 5.25's, 6x9's and a 10 disc changer. but dont want to cut up the shelf for the 6x9's and didnt think the rest on its own would be good enought, so i thought some 6x4's mit do the trick?

bit ot but what kind of amp would be best to power componants for the front?

2 channel? wattage??

where do you put the amp? in the boot with 2 sets of cables running up and down?

i got an alpine HU, maystar?? comps, sony 10" and amp

thanks