Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

JIMMI'S CORRADO WITH 06 GOLF GTI TFSI RUNNING GEAR

See, there's my point right there,2 consecutive posts by 2 decent members of the forum with 2 totaly different experiences of the guy, it's hard to work it out tbh.

Walesy, although its good that you're staying impartial, does any of this need to stay in his members gallery thread? Whatever the issues it would be great for them to be split off somewhere else (again?! :)) so the thread displaying his work stays being just that. :thumbleft:

I see what you're saying mate, it's a great build thread tbh. But i'm not sure it bothers him as he doesn't come on here any more, it'd be great if he did though so that people like Stan could try to get to the bottom of what's going on, after all he has been waiting for eight months :)

If Jimmi's not happy about these posts in his thread i'd be more than willing to move them somewhere else if he wants, he's welcome to post in here or PM me or any other mod and we'll split the thread for him :)

ditto, i bought a complete gearbox plus Quaife plus an SMIC off him a while ago and he went out of his way to help me!

no wonder he does not come on here the way he gets slated/accused of theft :? i have had a few dealings with Jimmi, and everytime he has been 100% honest/reliable.

Yo dudes,

I had infact forgot my password for the CF last year and as KADVR6 rightly said i wasnt that bothered to be honest but now i have a bit of time to come on the forum ill look at this,

Walesy if you could delete the above threads it would appreciated, ive pm'd stan24v and if the £20 fuel pump isnt with him at this time ill gladly give him his money back.

As far as the corrado goes ive done nothing with it since last summer, as the car stands the engine, box, full harness, dash, air con system is fitted to the car, it powers up when the key is turned but i havent gone as far as to try and start it yet as it needs some vag-com faults sorting first. Ive been too busy building my kit car and ive got a new golf GTI as my normal car and a new 08 RS4 ordered which arrives in july so sadly i dont have the time to finish the corrado, ill get some pictures of it in its current state and put the unfinished project up for sale.

Im a bit disappointed im not goin to finish it but unfortunatly i just dont have enough hours in a day !!

Jimmi...........

Hey Jimmi,

How's it going mate, as busy as ever by the sounds of it, a brand new RS4 in july eh......how jealous am i ????

Its a shame you're not gonna get your corrado project completed but as you say not enough hours in the day & all that, hopefully someone else will pick it up & move it onto completion.

Nice to hear from you again on here & i'll hopefully get to see you new Audi at some point.

Andy

Alright andy, hows it going? Hows my old engine goin, still ok i bet !!

Your welcome down the garage anytime you like for a nose around mate my kit car is probably more impressive than the RS4 ! You seen out of the other local corrado contingency !!

Jimmi..............

Ive heard your engine is going great guns mate :lol: ..... i sold the car around christmas time bought a golf 4motion to replace it & immediately regretted it, so i have sold that already & am currently on the lookout for another good vr6!! the engine you fitted never let me down at all & will probably be going for at least another 100k miles !

Your old blackberry vr has had a slight mishap, check the general section to find out :( :(

I'm sure Goldie will be on to say Hi when he sees you've posted again.

Andy

Jimmi, hows it going mate? Dont think you should sell that Rado, finish it first..

New cars sound nice to say the least..

Ill give you a shout next time im in the area..

Alright goldie,

you still down on the south coast, weather up here in gods country has been really mild lately with plenty of sun, you should try and get a post up here !! Really wish i had the time to finish the car but i just dont, few things have changed round here the past year and i dont think ill ever find the time to finish it now !If everything goes to plan i plan on moving this VR6 on to someone who will finish it so it gets the use it deserves, im also goin to bring the press car out of storage with a view to finding an owner for that. Plan then is to start with a nice corrado shell and as a long term (5+ yrs) project wedge a corvette LS1 crate motor in it with rear wheel drive. Ill always think of ways to keep busy !!

Jimmi......

Not long left down here now, im back up North as of May, ill be working out of Glasgow but am hoping to purchase a house in the next year or so in the north east..

Fair play if you need to shift them on and a rwd rado would be bonkers..

Pm on its way...

The change in temp from portsmouth to glasgow will be mega, you will need to acclimatise !!! Ha Ha....

Harra, you plonker !

ill PM it now.

Jimmi........

Hi JIMMI, hows it going mate? you changing projects AGAIN!!!!! :lol:

you're re-built gearbox & Quaife are still serving my Rado very nicely thanks! :)

Alex.