Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

electric windows relay

this may sound trivial but i would like to be able to put my driver and passenger windows up and down at the same time.

i imagine that i need a another relay to accomplish this.

also my driver window has one touch up and one touch down whereas my passenger window only has one touch down. Will the relay required to be able to use both windows at the same time sort this out.

If it is a relay I need, is it easy to install? If its not a relay, what is it, what will it cost and is it easy to install.

Regards

DM

Yeah, don't ask me what was going on there. VW being cheapskates no doubt.

What happens on 4-door VWs with leccy windows all round? It'll take about an hour to wind all the windows down in series...

My '92 Cavalier had 4 leccy windows, and you could wind all 4 at the same time. All 4 had full-automatic in both directions too.

Damn, I wish Vauxhall had built the trim for the Corrado...!!! ;)

I note that the car can wind both windows UP at the same time when you're using the central locking system though..... !?

Im sure i read somewhere that the windows dont go up together becasue of a termal fuse, not sure though, cant be just that.

I'd get a control unit of a later VW so you can have one touch on both sides, up and down too.

Yep both windows share the same thermal fuse. It's not only VW that use this system. Hyundai are another brand that springs to mind.

Some passenger windows are deliberately non-one touch for safety reasons, whether VW employed this system I don't know as there seems to be conflicting opinions on what C windows do and don't do.

I know mine is one touch on both directions (and works) on the driver's side but the passenger side is one touch on the lowering cycle only.

Ta

Kev

I thought they tried to phase out the one touch up leccy windows after a few kids got caught in them, I remember a story a few years ago (pre-corrado) about a girl getting killed, and I assumed that was the reason, mine are one touch down, and you have to hold them to go up, which is what I thought most cars were, certainly every car that comes to mind was like that (parents old cars etc).

Thera

maybe ill keep it the way it is.... iv got a 3 yr old godson, dont really fancy killing him :oops:

DM

You don't sound very sure about that mate :shock:

Thats what I remember, as they were trying to climb out of the window, while the car was parked, they tread on the button, and it closes on them. But I know what you mean, I have no 3 year old that i'm thinking of doing away with, so would be good to sort mine out.

Thera.

ps, btw, bag, and a couple of bricks in the river is far less mess

The user manual confirms that the windows close one after the other and that only the driver's side is one-touch in both directions.

Just so you know!

Kev