Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

brentacre insurance renewal

had renewal quote and bits today, happy with quote £1124 , thats a drop of about £600 8)

on renewal though said to setup i had to pay deposit of £400 odd and then 3 monthly instalements at £230 ish , was thinking wtf.

i thought deposit was basically when joining up to insurance compnay after that just a case of altering montlhy premiums?

anyone shed some light?

When paying instalments with an insurance company, they do usually want a deposit - often 20%, then the balance over however many instalments you agree to (or they offer).

I am with Brentacre, and after the 20 % deposit, i am paying over 10 months.

Obviously this costs a little more on the Interest charged over a longer period though.

Hope that answer your query.

did you find them cheaper than other places like elephant etc? i hear elephant dont cover your insurance after a remap/removal of std chip...

I'm now with these guys having previously been with elephant for a few years, there unlimited mods up to 210bhp policy is good and customer service is excellent. On renewal elephant applied an increase of £180 for an sp30 conviction (my only conviction) and added approx £50 for every mod!! Only problem i did come across with these guys and almost all other brokers (apart from adrian flux IIRC) was that elephant had put me on a ten month "bonus" (or not) scheme and my last years no claims is not recognised so i effectivley lost a years no claims...so my insurance did not drop this year. But i do drive around with peace of mind.

right - well mine will need insured with someone else - seriously pi$$ed off with elephant as after getting my first offense (sp30) they charged me an extra £141. my insurance is only £400 so what are they thinking....

disappointing about the no claims as i also have 2 years to use. was their price competitive against elephant? i have quite a few mods to declare now.

thanks