Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

dash and switch leds?

just found out my m8s dad makes model railway stuff so will be able to get the leds from him (fingers croosed), but has anyone got a list of what led's ect are to need to change the ones in a C from green to red?

its been covered a million* times.... try the mythical search for your answer.... :wink:

[/wannabe mod mode]

*ok, not quiiiiiiiiiite as much as much as a million...... but close!!!!!

LOL - well i'm not going to lock this actually as I was about to post a similar thread because I can't find anything to do with part numbers / specifications on here... (I think Dave PM'd me a while ago but i've since deleted the info)

I've been playing with the LEDs again recently and all the switches use 3mm ones, for the early sunroof switch I used a CJ70 from maplins which is 12v and I deleted the resister- this one is fine and nice and bright...

For the early door switches it seems easier to just cut the leds and solder new ones to them (leaving the resister in place) - I did this but the light is not really bright or dispersed enough...

I've got some maplin WL32 and WL34 reds but neither seem to be up to it and I can't decide which one is brighter than the other - it's very hard to tell and the specs on the maplin site are inconsistent...

Although they are mostly easy to change, it's tricky to get the postioning right, I also noticed the resister on the sunroof switch is on the neg side and on the window switches they are on the pos side...

Perhaps Dave (GradeAFailure) can post a list up please of what parts are best and the difference between high bright and superbright etc... I also wonder if I need wider angled ones for the window switches as the red seems to shine thru the middle and leave the surround pink...?

The other thing I did was change the lighter surround to a red (orange) seat one I found in a scrappy but then found the bulb had gone as had my old one, I decided to solder a 5mm red 12V in there (CJ63 - superbright) but this is very dim and you can only just see the difference at night when it is on...

Supercharged, yea thats all that i was after too m8. a straight forward list of whitch leds ect are needed and where they go? anyone got such a list and made the swap(working to a good brightness)? :Fade-color

I'm sure the same thing was asked a few weeks ago and it ended up 3 pages long with links to the previous times it'd been asked, links to the CCC website how-to and a list I put up on how many of each voltage LEDs you needed and what went where...

Edit: ok, it was 5 pages

dinkus did you sort this one out?

"I'm not 100\0ure about the mirror switch LEDs - I messed something up and blew the LEDs when I plugged it back in. That might be because they're 12v (the CCC How-to says 12v initially, then 2v later) and/or because I did something wrong."

Don't roll your eyes at me boy! :p

Was only pullin yer leg. Am gonna have a look for my receipt from Maplins fro when i did mine a few months back, see if i have the codes for the ones i bought.

"I'm not 100\0ure about the mirror switch LEDs - I messed something up and blew the LEDs when I plugged it back in. That might be because they're 12v (the CCC How-to says 12v initially, then 2v later) and/or because I did something wrong."

I've got a red illuminated mirror switch available if you're interested, RADO.001. I've done all my switches now (with the help of Gradeafailure - cheers Dave) and bought this one as a spare to work on before I did mine.

JMC, i started changing my switchs ect over to red today, so i have no need for them but cheers for the helpfull offer m8. :thumb right:

Sorry - wasn't around at the weekend, but still haven't had time to do any more on the C - only just had enough time to wash it.