Sign in to follow this  
rixy

3.1 Conversion to a 2.9 vr

Double 6 seems to be voicing his opinion loudly these days.

Got a problem with that then mate? Didn't realise only certain people were allowed to spout on here? I can voice an awful lot louder than I am now if ya like? :)

Its another 100 dollar (love you longtime) for postage. Not sure about import duty.

But if you can land a set of pistons in ya hand for 425 in the uk i'll eat your entire nos kit mate :)

well, what sort of comment was that eh? i ask ya! :)

my time may be limited anyway - seriously thinking about p/x ing the C. not sure my wallet can actually sustain things much longer :(

my time may be limited anyway - seriously thinking about p/x ing the C. not sure my wallet can actually sustain things much longer :(

Oh dear :( I've been in that situation! This time last year I'd lost all enthusiasm and put it all back to standard. Mods are definitely a law of diminishing returns so I called time on it. And then a month later, the S/C GB came up and now the car is more modded than ever! It's a funny, fickle old world :-)

If you've still got enthusiasm and motivation, stick with it. Otherwise, as they say, if there is any doubt, there is no doubt....sell the fecker ;-)

Its not so much the wallet as the 'head' Kev. I'm unsure if I should spend several grand on a new engine for an old car, or just get a low mileage 328i coupe. 5k for a 50/60k miler.

Yep, it was the "should I?" thing for me too....and boredom!

Do you mean the E36 328i? Quite nice cars but you won't like the steering if you've come from a Corrado :-)

Yeah I know. Dead as a dodo. Its a bm afterall!! I hate the steering on the latest one as well. It feels like the front of the car is raised up. I'l never forget driving my mates e30 m3 though - now that has got seriously nice steering, handling, road holding....

I dunno. I love my C but .............

I sold my MK2 16V Turbo the last time I'd really had enough of modding and spending....and bought a 2.0 Cavalier :-) Hated it. Bought a few BMs, hated them. Got back into a VW (the C) and loved it :-)

Lol. 2.0 cav. I had a couple of them. The sri 130 was quite a good laugh, but the engines are actually made of jelly ;)

Anyway............ THREAD HI-JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

just think how much money you would lose after a couple of years if you bought a nearly new car, its my entire justification for modding!

Holy Hijack thread Double 6

Sort it out ladies and Doulbe 6 i'm aware of the obvious postage cost and the duty is 2% so stop being picky and as the sherrif said, play nice.

....and how loud can you shout then?

Chris

Oi ya fekker I AM playing nice!! :) :) :)

I can shout pretty loud cos I have a huuuuuge gob :)

CoxyLaad - yeah I know what you're saying. Was just getting a bit fed up listening to the 1000 new squeaks and rattles i've got since being abused by the stinking customs fellas :(

I reckon it would be hard to actually get rid.

get some anti rattle tape, jay lined his car with it and its like brand new

p.s. Chris, what the feck are you slavering on about?!

You shouldn'r be able to hear them with your big GOB! :evil:

The 328 is a nice car, i had one for a while and it was lovely but very poor on fuel though i blinded myself to that for a long time.

BMW's are one of those cars that you like the idea of until you get one and they seem to loose thier specialness or at least for me that's what happened but you could have chosen worse cars for sure, i'd say it's a goot replacement for a Corrado really, the cabi is the one to get, loved mine and had great fun in it!

Chris

I know exactly what you mean mate - nice idea, but probably a boring thing to drive day in day out.

Who's gonna rebuild me a 12v nice and cheaply then? The 24v obviosuly aint gonna turn up!

double-6s,

I doubt you will get a >96 328 sport for £5k on 60,000 miles mate, if so send me the link! :-)

They are much more expensive to run as BMW charge a fortune on services, if you take it elsewhere you will find it alot harder to sell on. Get a Storm!

For a 328i Sport?

They have leather, mtech suspension, mtech bodykit and 17" BBS's

I haven't seen any on a N plate or later for that money. You don't want an early one because the interior falls apart and the engines are crap. You really want a >98 that has had a new engine and spindle recall under warranty. Don't touch one that hasn't had a new engine as the early ones are made or cardboard!

I have to admit, going sideways is fun, I did a power slide around a roundabout on Monday with Biggerbighugo, which you could never do with FWD :-)

Save up and get a 3.0L M3!

lol

not really sure i want a beemer to be honest mate. was just hating the rado for a few hours. fekin thing is a pain in the rump :)

i did see one with a new engine from bmw - think it was 6k