Sign in to follow this  
SteveVPK

New Scirocco to be built at Wolfsburg

I wish they'd build it at Karmann.. part of what makes the Scirocco and the Corrado so special is that it was made there, and to build it at Wolfsburg just takes that away.. :|

Me too, doubt we'll get much change from £30K though!

Looks like i'll have to wait untill they're a few years old then :lol:

I can see you in a new one though Heywire :wink:

I spose £30k would be for the top of the range one, surly there'll be more 'affordable' models

The new coupe looks smart 8)

I agree, looks very nice :)

They are steadily fudging up the appearance of the Golf, from the mk1 it just got more and more f*cked, I see they are continuing that tradition with the mk6 :roll:

rofl at the that pic of Kev :D

I would LOVE that new Scirroco IF it looks like that, but you know they'll be just as common as TTs, and thats one of the minor reasons I love the Corrado so much 'cos of it's relative rarity.

I agree, I love the rarity of the C, it definately adds to the car for me

Just read the preview in the latest Autocar. they've changed the front ever so slightly, but rest of it looks exactly like the pics above. I'll see if I can get some of the latest pics up.

I have £500 deposit on one at a VW retailer, early rumour is that Feb '08 is the launch date. Guarantees me the first one they get - obviously refundable if I decide not to go ahead

I spose £30k would be for the top of the range one, surly there'll be more 'affordable' models

I was just going by the difference in pricing between the Golf and Corrado back in the day!

£24K gets you a basic Golf R32, I just can't see VW selling an R32 'Scirocco/Rivo/Corrado MK2" for only a couple grand more, especially not if the rumoured 30,000 import restriction is true....i.e low volume, high pricing!

I just hope they sort the issues the MK5 is currently plagued with.....dodgy clutches, creaking steering racks, DSG issues, electrical issues, cabin rattles etc etc.

Hate to say, as has been said numerous times before here: During my visit to meet 10 marketing peeps from VW in Berlin last January specifically to talk about the "new Scirocco" (there were 10 hand-selected Scirocco fans from the German Sciroccoforum), VW officially stated that they wish to distance themselves from any pictures published so far in any of the Springer Verlag publications (AutoBild in D, AutoExpress in GB). Springer Verlag have outsourced the creation of those pictures to this guy called Huckefeldt.

The only thing VW did reveal in Berlin was the entry-level engine would be a 1.4 FSI lump.

The only thing that seems certain is that it'll be called a Scirocco, given that VW have started buying domain names like http://www.scirocco.de (which was owned by an enthusiast Rocco-owner for more than 15 years).

Tempest

I just hope they sort the issues the MK5 is currently plagued with.....dodgy clutches, creaking steering racks, DSG issues, electrical issues, cabin rattles etc etc.

Kev, you got any more info on the above? Colleague in work is looking at a Golf GTI (to replace a 350Z WTF!), but would be interested to read some more about the problems...

ummmz, I work for a Auto Research company.

The researcher that works on the VW (plus others) brand has been checking up with them about the progress of the Scirroco (as they all know I drive a C) and apparently it won't be going ahead!

He was informed by his contact in VWs PR dept. that it would fall over on stage 2

Not what I heard from a senior bod at Volkswagen Group this afternoon, Volkswagen have huge numbers of excess staff in German that they can't get rid of, they need to keep them busy building something