jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

What you did with that corrado front bumper was amazing Nathan , nice skills mate :thumbleft:

totally agree there!!! :D

was back finishing the VR6 today.

did the leather with gliptone liquid leather (full leather cleaning write up to come..) and then gave the car another coat of collinite wax. Finished all the glass in and out and conditioned all the black plastic... then stood back and enjoyed... well after taking some pics.

th_JimsVR630.jpg th_JimsVR631.jpg th_JimsVR632.jpg th_JimsVR633.jpg

The flash photography doesnt really show these off very well. The seats were in excellent condition but quite dry. The gliptone soon sorted that out though and are now lovely and soft.

th_JimsVR634.jpg th_JimsVR635.jpg th_JimsVR636.jpg th_JimsVR637.jpg th_JimsVR638.jpg

th_JimsVR639.jpg th_JimsVR640.jpg th_JimsVR641.jpg

Then i had to do the secretarys car..

th_GolfGTi.jpg th_GolfGTi1.jpg

th_GolfGTi2.jpg th_GolfGTi3.jpg

th_GolfGTi4.jpg th_GolfGTi5.jpg

and rest.............and drink :D

Nathan

i have to say that i'm utterly chuffed with what nath has done, driving home tonight felt like i'd just driven out of the showroom in a new car, smelt beautiful.

i stopped in a carpark to look at it under the orange floodlights and its looked amazing. a bloke even drove past, bent his neck looking at the car, then a few seconds later he had turned around and pulled in to admire it, he absolutely loved it (he himself had a v.nice bmw 330 something or other)

so thanks a lot Nath, you've done yourself proud imo, worth every penny (even if most of it is the boss's) :lol::lol:

Hi Nath.. did you see my request for a PM re: pricing on the previous page mate? :)

Ta.

So those of you that are thinking... hey.. hasnt Nathan already posted this car.. well you are forgiven.. because even though i knew it was a different car before i arrived.. it is EXACTLY the same as the owners previous one :lol:

Well not quite exactly. it has blue leather dash and only 40k miles but apart from that its the same... with one other MASSIVE difference... I haddnt detailed this one :D and thankfully... it didnt turn out to be anywhere near as difficult as the previous one!

So when i arrived it wasnt looking very dirty atall (was serviced and washed last week and garaged since)

Mikes911993take3.jpg

th_Mikes911993take31.jpg th_Mikes911993take32.jpg th_Mikes911993take33.jpg

Pre wash with AG TFR PM3 mix, wheels cleaned then shampoo'd with AG shampoo and conditioner

th_Mikes911993take34.jpg th_Mikes911993take37.jpg

Then every panel was clayed with megs quick clay and as it only brought up minimal dirt i didnt take any pics.

Then onto the polishing. After reading DaveKG's thread on the R32 and how he mixed menzerna products i thought id give this a try after 106ff on its own didnt quite remove them all.

Polish waiting to be removed from offside wing.. bonet already finished

th_Mikes911993take39.jpg

Sunroof done

th_Mikes911993take310.jpg

Rear panel before and after

th_Mikes911993take311.jpg th_Mikes993take3day22.jpg

Offside rear wing done

th_Mikes911993take314.jpg

Offside door before

Mikes911993take312.jpg

Offside door after

Mikes911993take313.jpg

Rear bumper before

Mikes911993take317.jpg

Rear bumper after

Mikes911993take318.jpg

Some action shots :wave:

th_Mikes911993take315.jpg th_Mikes911993take316.jpg th_Mikes911993take332.jpg

Then i got lucky and the sun came out :doublesho :D

Mikes911993take327.jpg

Mikes911993take321.jpg

Mikes911993take320.jpg

th_Mikes911993take322.jpg th_Mikes911993take323.jpg th_Mikes911993take324.jpg th_Mikes911993take328.jpg

Then a quick coat of SRP to protect it over night.. Will return tomorrow to glaze and wax and do the finishing touches.

Mikes911993take330.jpg

Mikes911993take333.jpg

Mikes911993take334.jpg

DAY 2

Applied the megs #7 glaze and then took this quick pic

th_Mikes993take3day2.jpg

Then the rain stopped so it was rolled outside and the collinite 476s was applied panel by panel. Mike couldn't just stand and watch so got stuck in aswell

th_Mikes993take3day21.jpg

Tyres and arches dressed, rubber and glass cleaned and then some photos... more photos...

th_Mikes993take3day23.jpg th_Mikes993take3day28.jpg th_Mikes993take3day213.jpg th_Mikes993take3day215.jpg th_Mikes993take3day216.jpg

Mikes993take3day24.jpg

Mikes993take3day26.jpg

Mikes993take3day29.jpg

Mikes993take3day211.jpg

And very finally some beading...

th_Mikes993take3day220.jpg th_Mikes993take3day222.jpg th_Mikes993take3day223.jpg th_Mikes993take3day226.jpg

Mikes993take3day221.jpg

Mikes993take3day225.jpg

thanks

I love those wheels! :)

I thought you had a Mini in your sig for a sec! :lol:

Cheers. yeah they are lovely. they are the hollow spoke version for weight saving but have to be THE perfect 911 wheel IMO.

and yes it does look a little like a mini... guess thats a bad thing :cry:

hows your business going anyway?

Bit slow at the mo, hoping to double up a cheap runabout and a van so we can start going to people. Once that happens then we're going to start advertising and pushing it a bit more. At the moment we rely on various forums for jobs, not done any actual advertising locally yet.

Thinking of a flyer drop through letter boxes?

I noticed your in what looks to be a Nissan Vanette? They seem to be pretty cheap yet big enough?

Finally got some clean outside pics of these 2 that i do on a regular basis (but i normally end up finishing them in the dark) so thought it would be worth posting those aswell.

Just a Regular Valet this time round so no need for a detailed write up

PaulsDB9revisited.jpg

th_PaulsDB9revisited1.jpg th_PaulsDB9revisited2.jpg th_PaulsDB9revisited3.jpg th_PaulsDB9revisited4.jpg th_PaulsDB9revisited5.jpg

And...

th_PaulsRRrevisited.jpg th_PaulsRRrevisited1.jpg th_PaulsRRrevisited2.jpg th_PaulsRRrevisited3.jpg th_PaulsRRrevisited4.jpg

PaulsRRrevisited5.jpg

Superb work - will be in touch at some point (prob after I sell the C) to treat the LCR to a make over... will wait for the weather to improve first though as it only takes a day of my 120 mile M25 commute to leave it filthy again!

Hi Phil

Thanks for the comments.

Whenever you want it doing mate just give me a shout. Know what you mean about it getting dirty again.. but you wont undo the work of machine polishing waxing etc. My friend washed his MGF today.. fist time since i did it at the end of summer!!! it was filthy!!! Gave it a good prewash to avoid damaing the paint again.. then a shampoo and a dry... looks just as good as when i first did it. Not bad given the lack of care it has had since :)

First of 3 cars im doing down in bournemouth this week. A customer was very kind in offering a bed for a few nights.

The owner of this 2005 A4 cab contacted me a few months ago saying there was hologramming. Turns out to be some of the worst swirls i have yet come up against.

Arrived at 9am in the freezing cold. Washed with AG PM3 TFR and then shampoo'd and clayed. Clay brought up quite alot of dirt. Didnt take many pics as i was cold and wanting to crack on with polishing.

Sun started to come out and got these

RodgerA4Cab.jpg

RodgerA4Cab1.jpg

RodgerA4Cab2.jpg

RodgerA4Cab3.jpg

Polished with the rotary with a megs yellow polishing pad and menzerna IP 3.01. This got out about 90-95% of marks. Gave another pass on some test sections which didnt do much else so given the time i had and the fact it was SUCH a vast improvment i showed the owner what was what and decided to carry on with what i was doing.

RodgerA4Cab4.jpg

kind of a 50/50 shot here. back half has been done.. front hasnt.

RodgerA4Cab5.jpg

Finished machine polishing by about 2pm and then SRP and Collinite 476s, dressing, glass etc...

Final shots..

RodgerA4Cab6.jpg

th_RodgerA4Cab7.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab8.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab9.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab10.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab11.jpg

RodgerA4Cab12.jpg

Thanks

tomorrow... a black vauxhal signum with a nasty scratch and some swirls... :rolleyes:

Just back from bournemouth. Had a good trip back apart from i turned back into my road and SNAP!! clutch pedal broke :( limped the 200m down the road in first and then stalled outside the house. Oh well... better than breaking down half way between bournemouth and cambs.

Right.. to business.

The owner of these 2 (Andy) was kind enough to put me up for a few nights.

Firstly the signum.. massive car.

Pre-sprayed with AG PM3, wheels cleaned, pressure rinsed then shampoo'd.

AndysSignum.jpg

Clayed and although the owner had clayed it about5 months ago the clay brought up loads of dirt

AndysSignum1.jpg

Onto the polishing and i used IP3.01 on a megs yellow pad. Swirls were quite bad before... got a better glimpse of them when the sun came out for all of 10 seconds.

Before (i also removed the scratch using AG 03B on a small AG pad)

th_AndysSignum2.jpg th_AndysSignum3.jpg

After (i really should learn to wipe the panel properly before taking pics. Too much polish residue left :rolleyes: )

th_AndysSignum4.jpg th_AndysSignum6.jpg

Then applied the SRP

th_AndysSignum7.jpg

Then the collinite 476s. It was pretty much dark when i finished.

th_AndysSignum8.jpg th_AndysSignum9.jpg

took these in the morning though

AndysSignum10.jpg

AndysSignum11.jpg

The CRX.. Washed and clayed as above. SRP and Collinite. Also used Liquid Leather on the seats. All came up very nice and i enjoyed this more than usual as it brought back memories of my old CRX.

Just some after pics..

AndysCRX.jpg

th_AndysCRX1.jpg th_AndysCRX2.jpg th_AndysCRX3.jpg th_AndysCRX4.jpg

AndysCRX5.jpg

AndysCars.jpg

Thanks

Owner has this car up for sale (£27k.. PM if you want contact details) so wanted it cleaning up and waxing

Pre washed with PM3, Engine bay cleaned, Shampoo'd with AG, Clayed with Megs Clay.

Interior Vac'd, Surfaces wiped, Leather treated with Liquid Leather.

th_AttiqsAudiA816.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA817.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA820.jpg

Then Applied the Super Resin Polish which i still feel is a massively underrated product. Does a greta job at cleaning the paint up and giving a perfect clean base for the wax.

th_AttiqsAudiA81.jpg

Then something a bit different for me.... and i highlight the 'BIT' different... Collinite 915

AttiqsAudiA82.jpg

Finished off the dressings and windows and snapped away :D

Couple of tree reflection shots

AttiqsAudiA86.jpg

AttiqsAudiA87.jpg

Then this which isnt a great pic but loved the lighting and the wet look.

AttiqsAudiA83.jpg

And these...

AttiqsAudiA89.jpg

th_AttiqsAudiA88.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA810.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA811.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA813.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA815.jpg

Then the customers wife said the fatal words 'I bet you cant get that looking as clean' refering to her car... so couldnt help but give it a quick clean.

th_AttiqsAudiA822.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA824.jpg

th_AttiqsAudiA823.jpg th_AttiqsAudiA825.jpg

Thanks

Bloody hell thats some shine on that Audi :shock:

What is the Collinite then a wax or a polish? Looks like its done a fapping great job though!

Nath, how does 915 compere to the 476 then?

Earier to use?

Will be moving out to Hetford soon and wondered if I fall in your commutable area? Would like to get the Rocco machine polishe before the summer.. I have Crazy swirling....