jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

herisites, Collinite 476s and 915 are 2 different types of wax. Both are non abrassive, non cleaning waxes and both last a long time

vwdeviant, I wouldnt have said it was any easier or harder to use to be honest. Aparently it has a higher carnauba content than 476s and looks better on darker colours... that said the 476s didnt look bad and without doing a direct comparison it would be impossible to tell which was better.

If only from a cost per gram issue though it works out the same as 476s so i'll continue to test and use on darker cars.

Whats the postcode your moving to? I'll travel anywhere but travel cost might make it cheaper for you to use someone closer?

Cheers Nath. I'll let you know as soon as the confirmation's come through on the flat. But it's only just off the A10 I'd guess 30 miles??

maybe stick up a "How to" as I've never used a high Carabuna content wax and would be interested in if the prep's different? Although you did say you used A/Glym Red...

:turn-l:

Fly out tonight to Treviso in Northern Italy and will be on the slopes of the alta badia region of the dolomites by tomorrow morning. Not been much snow since new years but all slopes are open thanks to many snow blowers!

Look forward to catching up on events on the forum when i return.

Be Good...

Nathan

:cheers:

Hello. Been a while since ive done a big full detail but have done this 406 over the past 2 days. Ok so its not the most exotic or luxurious car but the owner still wanted it looking top notch.

Started with the usual thorough pre wash including all the shuts and arches etc. Then Shampoo'd and Clayed.

The swirls werent actually too deep but there were lots of them. Polished with a Megs polishing pad and Menzerna 106FF. 1 pass at 900 rpm to spread, 8 passes at 1500-1800rpm to remove defects, 2 passes at 900rpm to refine the finish. After some advice from a fellow detailer i worked on smaller sections at a time and found this alot more effective.

Still took over 4 hrs to complete the polishing though.

Before > After pics

th_Jonathans4064.jpg th_Jonathans4065.jpg

th_Jonathans4066.jpg th_Jonathans4067.jpg

Then applied Autoglym Super Resin followed by Collinite 915. This is the 3rd time ive used 915 now and compared to 476s id say its definately easier to remove and does give a slightly better finish on dark colours.

Interior was vacuumed and all surfaces wiped. Leather was cleaned with AG Leather Cleaner and then fed with Gliptone Liquid Leather.

Glass cleaned with AG glass polish and trims and tyres dressed with AG products.

Finished Pics (shame it was low light as the 2 brief times the sun shone it really sparkled!)

Jonathans4068.jpg

th_Jonathans4069.jpg th_Jonathans40610.jpg th_Jonathans40612.jpg th_Jonathans40613.jpg th_Jonathans40614.jpg

Jonathans40615.jpg

Got a busy few weeks coming up with the new 07 reg coming out.

Got 2 brand new Audi TT's and a Porsche Cayman to prep. Also got a AM Vanquish, Ranger Rover, Land Rover Defender and an Audi A4 Cab to do this weekend... and a couple of Mini's in the pipeline.

Watch this space...

I might try out a Collinite product, how long is the finish supposed to last with 915...do you have any links/contact number for Collinite distributors please Nathan??

Dont forget down the side of the seats :lol: !

marcus, the collinite 476s i have had on my S3 is still beading up and sheeting water off after a quick shampoo wash after about 4 months and shows no signs of wearing off. Washing and drying is a joy as its so easy. The 476s i used on my friends 911 has been on for 5 months now and is also going strong. Both are daily drive cars and live outside.

The 915 i have only been using for about a month so durability hasnt been tested by myself although from all the recommendations i had... its just as good and looks slightly better on the dark colours.

I conditioned the sides and backs of the seats inc the little pockets in the back of the front seats. The sides and back are different to the base and back though. I dont think the sides and back are real leather and feel alot tougher and look more wrinkled. the conditioner can still go on them fine.. but they just look different...

I buy my collinite from Tim at http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Always had next day deleiver from him when i order before about 5:30pm.

hope that helps

Got a busy few weeks coming up with the new 07 reg coming out.

Got 2 brand new Audi TT's and a Porsche Cayman to prep. Also got a AM Vanquish, Ranger Rover, Land Rover Defender and an Audi A4 Cab to do this weekend... and a couple of Mini's in the pipeline.

Watch this space...

And a corrado squeezed in there somewhere :wink: :lol:

Top work as always Nathan, shame it was only a Peugeot :lol:

Good Evening.

Arrived at a new customers at 8:30 this morning to give his 4 cars my Regular Valet and to assess what work they may need in the future.

The S4 also had the leather cleaned and fed.

The process for all the cars was as follows.

-Pre wash with AG PM3 applied via my new foam gun (which allows the TFR to dwell for much longer which means more cleaning power).. and rinsed

-Wheels cleaned where needed with AG Wheel Cleaner

-Shampoo with AG Shampoo and Conditioner and rinsed

-Apply AG Autorinse Gloss and rinse

-Clean glass in and out with AG Glass polish

-Dress arches and tyres

-Vac interior and wipe surfaces and apply air freshener.

For the S4...

-Leather cleaned with AG Leather Cleaner

-Fed with Gliptone Liquid Leather

Finished the day at 5pm. Customer very pleased and i'll be returning monthly.

The pics...

2006 Range Rover

th_DanielsCars.jpg th_DanielsCars1.jpg th_DanielsCars2.jpg

2007 Aston Martin Vanquish (300 miles on the clock)

th_DanielsCars3.jpg th_DanielsCars4.jpg th_DanielsCars5.jpg

th_DanielsCars6.jpg th_DanielsCars7.jpg

th_DanielsCars8.jpg th_DanielsCars9.jpg

th_DanielsCars10.jpg th_DanielsCars11.jpg th_DanielsCars12.jpg

DanielsCars13.jpg

th_DanielsCars14.jpg th_DanielsCars15.jpg

2004 Audi S4 cab (pics dont really show up just how dirty the leather was! Kids + muddy shoes = very dirty silver leather)

th_DanielsCars16.jpg th_DanielsCars17.jpg

th_DanielsCars18.jpg th_DanielsCars19.jpg

th_DanielsCars20.jpg th_DanielsCars21.jpg

th_DanielsCars22.jpg th_DanielsCars23.jpg

th_DanielsCars24.jpg th_DanielsCars25.jpg

DanielsCars29.jpg

2006 Land Rover Defender

th_DanielsCars30.jpg th_DanielsCars31.jpg th_DanielsCars32.jpg

Final shot...

th_DanielsCars33.jpg

Thanks for looking. (sorry its a bit long but no doubt most will enjoy the pics.)

Nathan

Todays detail was on a Porsche Cayman. It was delivered to the customer yesterday at 8am and has done 173 miles. The brief was to give it as much protection as possible. The Porsche dealer quoted about £400 to apply the lifeshine! Bit of a rip off seeing as they would literally wash the car > dry the car > apply lifeshine product with little paint prep or finishing wax etc.

So... my day was as follows

6:30am alarm goes off and im in the van leaving by 7:10am. Arrived at the customers at 8:50 and was greated by this..

PorscheCayman.jpg

Obviously having only done 170 miles it wasnt dirty really. But the paint wasnt really shining. ANyway... pre washed with PM3 TFR though the AB Foam Lance. Shampoo'd with AG Shampoo and Conditioner. Clayed with Sonus Green clay... Then i applied a layer of Super Resin to give the paint a further clean and to give a prefect base for the following layers. It also did a great job of giving a good shine.

Then out with the Lifeshine..

PorscheCayman2.jpg

Bottle A was the paint protection and was applied just like AG Extra Gloss Protection. Left for 15-20 mins and then removed with an MF cloth. This gave a really good finish.. alot like EGP actually.

Bottle B was the interior protection which was sprayed onto all interior carpets and wiped onto the seats via spraying directly onto an MF and wiping onto seats.

Bottle C was the glass protection. Applied and left for 15 mins and removed with a damp cloth.

Bottle D was a screen wash addative.

Anyway.... on with the job.. Next up was some good old Collinite 915 wax. The owner at this point was really appreciating the difference between a clean car and a shiny car.

All dressings applied and ready for some photos... my favorite part :D

PorscheCayman3.jpg

PorscheCayman4.jpg

th_PorscheCayman7.jpg th_PorscheCayman8.jpg th_PorscheCayman9.jpg th_PorscheCayman10.jpg

th_PorscheCayman11.jpg th_PorscheCayman12.jpg th_PorscheCayman16.jpg th_PorscheCayman19.jpg

PorscheCayman13.jpg

PorscheCayman17.jpg

Owner was very very pleased with the results.

Finished by 4:00pm and then helped him clean his other car. Arrived home at 7:00pm

Got a busy March.

got the following cars booked in for full day details.

New Audi TT

Another New Audi TT

Porsche 996 GT3

Porsche 993 GT2

Porsche Boxter

Aston Martin Vanquish

Vauxhall Monaro

Nissan Skyline GTR34

plus a couple of other special ones ;)

thanks

Nathan

You seem to be really busy, (which is a good thing) do you have to travel far for the jobs? Is all your work by word of mouth, or do you have a cunning advertising campaign? Fair play to you, you always seem to be super busy, and the work is always stunning!!

herisites, Collinite 476s and 915 are 2 different types of wax. Both are non abrassive, non cleaning waxes and both last a long time

Can vouch for 476s. Been using that the last couple of waxes and it's great stuff and very cheap for the size of tin you get.

Goes on and off a treat.

Since my Swiss Roll stuff ran out, I've been using the 476s, Sonus Shampoo and Sonus Drying towels and MF cloths. All top stuff and all cheapy cheap. Can't go wrong really.

Can vouch for 476s. Been using that the last couple of waxes and it's great stuff and very cheap for the size of tin you get.

Goes on and off a treat.

Since my Swiss Roll stuff ran out, I've been using the 476s, Sonus Shampoo and Sonus Drying towels and MF cloths. All top stuff and all cheapy cheap. Can't go wrong really.

I didn't think you were tooo keen on cleaning your car Kev?

I'm not, which is why I use the 476s as it lasts a year between coats ;-)

So I shoved 2 coats on in the same day.... does that mean it'll bead for 2 years?! :lol:

actually 2 coats in the same day is bad. because the 1st coat wont have cured long enough the solvents in the wax used to soften it will take off some of the 1st coat when you apply the 2nd coat so basically your doing 2x the effort and product for the samed end effect as 1 - 1.25 coats.

Best is to apply coats 24 hrs apart

I'm not, which is why I use the 476s as it lasts a year between coats ;-)

So I shoved 2 coats on in the same day.... does that mean it'll bead for 2 years?! :lol:

Oh right! Might have to give this a go too, lazy with cleaning mine too!!

Thanks mate, but that sounds no better than the weather seal i use, the shine and feel lasts an easy 6months even with regular washes.

marcus, the collinite 476s i have had on my S3 is still beading up and sheeting water off after a quick shampoo wash after about 4 months and shows no signs of wearing off. Washing and drying is a joy as its so easy. The 476s i used on my friends 911 has been on for 5 months now and is also going strong. Both are daily drive cars and live outside.

The 915 i have only been using for about a month so durability hasnt been tested by myself although from all the recommendations i had... its just as good and looks slightly better on the dark colours.

I conditioned the sides and backs of the seats inc the little pockets in the back of the front seats. The sides and back are different to the base and back though. I dont think the sides and back are real leather and feel alot tougher and look more wrinkled. the conditioner can still go on them fine.. but they just look different...

I buy my collinite from Tim at http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Always had next day deleiver from him when i order before about 5:30pm.

hope that helps

im intrigued. Why would you feel the need to charge a customer to claybar a car that was only painted a month ago.

That Cayman did look good when comparing the fore and after shots but the paint is only just dry, Surely the clay and polish is not warranted.