jedi-knight83

Cambridge Autogleam vs Ferrari 599 GTO pg38

2nd car for this customer. 900bhp track toy. Aftermarket sequential gear box... Carbon Fibre front end... all very nice.

I spent the morning finishing the Vanquish so it was about 2pm by the time i started

So this was before i started cleaning...

th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR.jpg th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR1.jpg

Soaked in AG PM3 TFR and pressure rinsed, done again as it was really dirty, then shampoo'd. I could already feel how rough the paint was at this point.

Out with the sonus green clay and it was amazing what this did. I was folding to a clean side every 1/3 of a panel and i did each panel 2/3 times to get it smooth.

th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR3.jpg th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR4.jpg

This took me about 2 hrs. Then taped the car up and did a test section. Ip 3.01 worked the best and this was the result.

DavidsSkylineR34GTR5.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR6.jpg

DAY 2

Carried on round the car in the above fashion.. apart from the front end which was Carbon Fibre and had much softer paint which was corrected with 106FF passing over much quicker than the metal sections.

DavidsSkylineR34GTR7.jpg

Covered the car in SRP.. been a few cars since ive used this and had forgotten just how well it compares to the more premium finish. During and after SRP pics.

th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR8.jpg th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR9.jpg

Then on with some Collinite 915.

th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR10.jpg

Then used AG metal polish to clean the exhaust up.. the inside being 10x worse than the outside which was just lightly tarnished.

th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR12.jpg th_DavidsSkylineR34GTR13.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR14.jpg

Then outside and rinsed down and dried... and wiped down with optimum car wax and glass cleaned with AG fast glass.

Thought this was an interesting comparison... first pic is after rinsing down after clay.. the second pic is after waxing.

DavidsSkylineR34GTR15.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR16.jpg

And then the final pics... it had clouded over unfortunately so not as spectacular as the vanquish pics..

DavidsSkylineR34GTR19.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR20.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR21.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR22.jpg

DavidsSkylineR34GTR23.jpg

My past 3 days work...

DavidsSkylineR34GTR24.jpg

Tomorrow.. the yellow Holden Monaro

Cheers

Nathan

900BHP! I bet that thing warps space the time continuum when you bury your foot into the carpet! Awesome!

I will own a skyline one day - as soon as I stop peeing around with damn VW's ;-)

Looks awesome mate! 900bhp - if only my C...... nah that would be just silly :) !!

SKYLINE over an Aston anyday for me.

jedi-knight83, Glad uve resorted back to SRP, ive tried endless products over the years and srp works the fastest and easiest for me.

jedi-knight83. Thanks to you I've just wasted an hour of my Friday afternoon at work looking through this post at the cars you've been working on! :lol: Some awesome transformations! What baffles me is how you choose what products to use. I've often thought about starting up a business like this and getting some kind of qualification but haven't had the guts. Top work!

I forwarded your website onto my old man who's got a '62 Alfa Guilia which underwent a full body resto a few years back ;)

End of a long busy week and the third car for this client.

The nice warm sunny weather from the first part of the week had disappeared so i didnt take any before pics as i wanted to get inside asap where it was warmer!

Prewashed with AG PM3 TFR, Shampoo'd and clayed as normal though.

Then inside and taped for a test... 106FF did the trick .. blocke down very well after approx 10 passes and left a lovely finish.

50:50 shot.. which was difficult to show anything due to the yellow... but i tried.

DavidsHoldenMonaro.jpg

action shot

DavidsHoldenMonaro1.jpg

Was a big old car so worked round taking my time and going over the roof and bonnet twice where there were some deeper marks that remained after the first pass. Got finished by 5:15pm and headed home for an earlyish night.

DAY 2

Arrived and applied a coat of SRP... which i did photograph.. but on yellow you couldnt see anything so pointless showing it.. then Collinite 915.

Windows cleaned in and out with AG Glass Polish... glass was filthy by the way!! possible never cleaned inside!? Vacuum'd and all surfaces wiped down. Leather fed with gliptone.

Final wipe down with Optimum Car Wax, wheels waxed and tyres dressed.

Some indoor pics

DavidsHoldenMonaro3.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro4.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro6.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro8.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro5.jpg

th_DavidsHoldenMonaro2.jpg th_DavidsHoldenMonaro7.jpg th_DavidsHoldenMonaro9.jpg

Then outside and rinsed down to get any remaining dust out of cracks and some beading shots... it was gonna get wet in the rain anyway..

DavidsHoldenMonaro10.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro11.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro12.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro14.jpg

DavidsHoldenMonaro17.jpg

th_DavidsHoldenMonaro13.jpg th_DavidsHoldenMonaro15.jpg th_DavidsHoldenMonaro16.jpg th_DavidsHoldenMonaro18.jpg

End of a good week with some amazing cars... rather knackered now though.

Cheers

Nathan

Evening. Bit knackered so its not a huge write up im afraid.

Arrived this morning to find this lovely old BMW. Was restored back in the early 90's. Has 35k on the clock... and lots of marring and light swirls on the paint :wall:

Pre washed, shampoo'd and clayed as usual

JohnsCSL.jpg

Took longer than usual to tape up with all the chrome etc.. but proved relativly easy to correct the defects with a megs polishing pad and 106ff

JohnsCSL1.jpg

Lucky i have a generator as there was a power cut in the area and i still had 2 panels to go.

Once it was all polished i applied the Paint Cleanse via the machine at low speed on a megs finishing pad and then the 47% carnauba wax by hand.

JohnsCSL2.jpg

One thing worth saying about this car.... very very thin metal panels! the flex so easily it was difficult to actually use enough pressure to polish and wax without them flexing about too much. Also there was a WIDE variety of paint from 99um to 1100um in places)

Anyway... it was getting dark so not the best after photos. Hopefully it will still be there when i go back to do the next car.

JohnsCSL3.jpg

JohnsCSL4.jpg

JohnsCSL5.jpg

JohnsCSL6.jpg

JohnsCSL7.jpg

JohnsCSL8.jpg

Thanks

Nathan

Lovely motor 8)

1100um :shock: thats a bit deep isnt it??

Nathan, i dont suppose you could do a little guide on how to apply wax by hand could you or point me in the direction of some good tips? I have just received my Victoria Concours wax which i have heard so many good things about, i want to apply it by hand but i know that it could be very easy to apply too much and waste a good wax!!

sure i'll try to sort something out

basically though your looking at using about a kidney bean sized bit for quite a large area... atleast 1/2 - 1/3 a bonet and you do that by streching or pulling it over the surface with warm hands.

I'll try to do a video.. ive got another zymol job tomorrow

Throught id show this from yesterday.

Freezing cold foggy start to the morning but warmed up a bit later on.

Pait was very dull and you could clearly see lots of marks even in the dull light... but the owner had chosen not to have it machine polished at this time.

Pre washed with AG PM3 and Shampoo'd

Clayed with Sonus Green

Paint Cleansed with some premuim brown stuff using the machine and working quite slowly to clean / correct / fill what i could

Paint Waxes with some premium yellow stuff. 47%

Interior cleaned and conditioned with Gliptone.

Pretty straight forwards and both the owner and myself were happy with the results. One thing about the clay... ever had it where you clay a car and its all pretty clean apart from one panel? the drivers door was really dirty..

Also i did this video for those that wonder about applying wax by hand. I used a bit more than i should have as it was still quite cold at this point and harder to spread but you will get the idea... a little goes a long way.

th_Premiumwax.jpg

anyway... some photos..

th_Porsche993.jpg th_Porsche9931.jpg

Porsche9932.jpg

th_Porsche9933.jpg th_Porsche9934.jpg th_Porsche9935.jpg th_Porsche9936.jpg th_Porsche9939.jpg

Porsche9937.jpgPorsche9938.jpgPorsche99310.jpg

Thanks

Nathan

Thanks for doing that video Nathan, i will be doing mine later after i have attacked it with the rotary! Looks pretty much just as i thought it would be and you dont need to use very much at all really which is good, i can see how people could easily use too much wax which could get expensive!!

Porsche looks ace as well btw :D

Bit of a busy week and only just got home so thought i'd do a post with the whole of this weeks work.

So first up was a top up on the Carrera GT. Unlike many supercars this does get alot of use so had fly's splattered over the front and other road muck and grime.

Prewash, Shampoo, Dry, Waxed with Premium Wax (47% Carnauba Content)

th_CGTtopup.jpg th_CGTtopup1.jpg th_CGTtopup2.jpg

th_CGTtopup3.jpg

th_CGTtopup4.jpg th_CGTtopup5.jpg th_CGTtopup7.jpg th_CGTtopup8.jpg

Then onto the 996 GT3. I had de-swirled this a few weeks back but the owner had then decided that the orange peel on the wings was too bad so asked for me to correct this. After the wash the area was wet sanded and then polished back with the following combo

AG 03B compound > IP 3.01 > 106FF

Photos during the process

th_GT3topup.jpg th_GT3topup1.jpg th_GT3topup2.jpg th_GT3topup7.jpg

Then re-cleansed and waxed and then the whole car was waxed again with the premium wax.

th_GT3topup5.jpg th_GT3topup6.jpg th_GT3topup9.jpg th_GT3topup11.jpg

GT3topup3.jpg

Then midweek was this 07 plate Cooper S. Have done a couple of cars for this customer so far and he wanted the same treatment for his new Mini.

Pre Wash, Shampoo, Clay (its been a few weeks since he picked it up and it did have quite a bit of dirt on it), AG Radiant Wax, Collinite 915. Then as i finished a little early and had to wait for his wife to come home to collect the keys i decided to add a layer of dodo juice green which went on easily and added a touch of gloss i feel.

th_PeterMiniCooperS3.jpg th_PeterMiniCooperS4.jpg th_PeterMiniCooperS5.jpg th_PeterMiniCooperS6.jpg th_PeterMiniCooperS8.jpg

PeterMiniCooperS9.jpg

Then down to london for this lovely 996 GT2. 53 plate with 6k on the clock. Had minor swirling on most panels which i was booked to remove.

Pre wash, shampoo, clay, deswirl with 106ff, Pre wax cleanse, Premium wax

Before

th_TimGT22.jpg th_TimGT24.jpg

After

th_TimGT25.jpg th_TimGT26.jpg th_TimGT27.jpg th_TimGT28.jpg th_TimGT29.jpg

TimGT210.jpgTimGT211.jpgTimGT212.jpg

th_TimGT213.jpg th_TimGT214.jpg

Then end of the week and this monster. Just back from a trip to the nurburg ring which included 207mph on the autobarn, 8 laps of the ring, and a day on a drifting track. 207mph + flies = one hell of a mess to clear up!

Car was covered in flys, tar, rubber, and general dirt.

Pre washed twice, shampoo, lots of time with tar and glue remover and AG PM3 removing the flys, tar and rubber, Clay, Pre wax cleanse, Premium wax.

CemGT3.jpg

CemGT31.jpg

CemGT32.jpg

CemGT33.jpg

CemGT34.jpg

CemGT35.jpg

CemGT36.jpg

CemGT37.jpg

CemGT38.jpg

CemGT39.jpg

CemGT310.jpg

CemGT311.jpg

CemGT312.jpg

CemGT313.jpg

th_CemGT314.jpg th_CemGT315.jpg th_CemGT316.jpg th_CemGT317.jpg th_CemGT318.jpg

CemGT319.jpg

CemGT320.jpg

CemGT321.jpg

CemGT322.jpg

CemGT323.jpg

CemGT324.jpg

CemGT325.jpg

CemGT326.jpg

CemGT327.jpg

CemGT329.jpg

Got taken out for a spin and WOW... i need this in my life!! never been thrown into my seat as much.. and the noise!!

Anyway... thats for looking. Lots more to come next week :D

Nathan

mmm, met a guy with a gt2 on friday, reckons he can get 214 mph out of it!! i think i might have to blag myself a ride somehow!

great looking photos though Nathan, the front of the white gt3 was disgusting!

Did this detail last week but i finished at 10:30pm and aside from being completely knackered.. it was obviously dark outside.

This car has been in storage for the past 7 years and was looking a little dull on arrival. 28k on the clock and a nice feature of having an original blaupunt graphic equaliser stalk fitted to the radio.

Anyway.. First off i tried out AGs new Acid Free Wheel cleaner. Needed a bit more work than their usual wheel cleaner but the end result was still the same so thumbs up.

JohnsM5.jpg

Didn't take many pics as i was working too hard.. also washed the boxter while i was there. So after the pre-wash, shampoo and clay it was into the garage and taped up ready for some tests.

Lots of random marks, mild swirls and a couple of bad bird mess marks. Bird mess was wet sanded then polished back with AG 03b compound, rest of the car was polished with Menzerna IP 3.01. Not sure what was up with my camera... but all of my swirl shots came out blurred or under exposed!! :wall:

Not sure why but time ticked by very fast. maybe something to do with alot of panels being hit twice not to mention the wetsanding. Anyway.. The Paint Cleanse was was then applied followed by the yellow premuim wax. Final dressings, glass, etc

The outside photos were taken today (i was back doing a couple of other cars)

Engine wasnt detailed... i just liked the look of ti so thought id show it :)

JohnsM51.jpg

JohnsM52.jpg

JohnsM54.jpg

JohnsM55.jpg

JohnsM57.jpg

JohnsM58.jpg

JohnsM59.jpg

JohnsM510.jpg

JohnsM511.jpg

JohnsM512.jpg

JohnsM513.jpg

JohnsM514.jpg

JohnsM515.jpg

Thanks

Its been a while since i posted up here.. been busy and then the forum changed... but here is a catch up on some of the cars ive done recently

07 plate Audi A6 3.0 V6 TDi (protection detail)

th_JohnsA64.jpg th_JohnsA65.jpg th_JohnsA68.jpg th_JohnsA611.jpg th_JohnsA612.jpg

Porsche 996 GT3 Mk1 Cobalt Blue (only Mk1 gt3 in this colour) (Full correction detail)

th_RussellGT33.jpg th_RussellGT35.jpg th_RussellGT36.jpg

th_RussellGT37.jpg th_RussellGT38.jpg th_RussellGT39.jpg

07 plate Range Rover Supercharged (protection detail using Dodo Juice wax)

th_PaulsRangeRoverSC.jpg th_PaulsRangeRoverSC1.jpg th_PaulsRangeRoverSC2.jpg th_PaulsRangeRoverSC4.jpg th_PaulsRangeRoverSC5.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 with new Sport Pack (protection detail with owners Zymol Vintage wax)

th_VintageDB92.jpg th_VintageDB93.jpg th_VintageDB94.jpg th_VintageDB95.jpg th_VintageDB96.jpg

07 plate Aston Martin DB9 Volante (protection detail using Dodo Juice wax)

th_JohnsDB91.jpg th_JohnsDB92.jpg th_JohnsDB93.jpg th_JohnsDB95.jpg th_JohnsDB96.jpg

07 plate Porsche 997 Turbo (protection detail)

th_Imrans997turbo3.jpg th_Imrans997turbo4.jpg th_Imrans997turbo5.jpg th_Imrans997turbo6.jpg

Porsche 996 GT3 MK2 (Full correction detail)

th_BruceGT31.jpg th_BruceGT32.jpg th_BruceGT34.jpg th_BruceGT35.jpg th_BruceGT39.jpg

th_BruceGT311.jpg th_BruceGT312.jpg th_BruceGT313.jpg th_BruceGT315.jpg th_BruceGT316.jpg

Ruf 3400S (Full correction detail)

Tiny bit of info on the car first... this is an original Ruf.. in that it was purchased as a Ruf not a Porsche Boxter and then upgraded after purchse (although it makes little difference in real terms)

The 3400S is a boxter shell and chassis with a 3.4 911 engine giving 50bhp / 40lbft over the boxter S. Also has upgraded suspension and custom exhaust along with the 19" Ruf design wheels and GT3 seats... Its also a funny colour as you will see!

th_SeansRuf3400S3.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S4.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S7.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S8.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S10.jpg

th_SeansRuf3400S11.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S12.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S13.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S15.jpg th_SeansRuf3400S16.jpg

and thats caught up with the big ones.. lots more to come.

This week in a change from usual i have been working on a few porsches :lol:

First off a 993 GT2 that was up for sale so was a case of cleaning it up ready for the viewing.

Pre wash > Shampoo > Clay > Premium paint cleanse > Premium 47% Carnauba wax

Fearnsport993GT2.jpg

Fearnsport993GT22.jpg

Fearnsport993GT24.jpg

Fearnsport993GT25.jpg

Then down to sevenoaks area for these.. blooming long day fitting them both in.. which wasnt helped by the fact i arrived late due to having to get my tyres changed before the trip... noticed the previous night i was running a little low!!!

tyre.jpg

Whoops.

Anyway.. the cars.. or first actually.. the wax... Zymol Vintage to be precise.. £1800 in the shops. Applied to your car for slightly less than that :)

GarysBoxsterS.jpg

The Boxster S was up first..After a lovely sunny day.. when it came to take the final pics.. it rained!! thankyou england!

Pre wash > Shampoo > Clay > Premium paint cleanse > Premium 61% Carnauba wax > Leather fed with Liquid Leather

GarysBoxsterS1.jpg

GarysBoxsterS2.jpg

GarysBoxsterS3.jpg

GarysBoxsterS4.jpg

GarysBoxsterS5.jpg

GarysBoxsterS7.jpg

And then the GT3 RS fresh from a track day at Spa

Pre wash > Shampoo > Clay > Premium paint cleanse > Premium 61% Carnauba wax

Garys997GT3RS.jpg

Garys997GT3RS1.jpg

Garys997GT3RS2.jpg

Garys997GT3RS3.jpg

Then a couple of astons to finish the week off.. but will do those at the weekend.

Cheers.

stunning work as ever Nathan 8) ..............especially love that 993GT2...............how much are they asking for it btw........last one that was up for sale was up for £130k ex Chris Harris (t'was a right-hooker tho)