Sign in to follow this  
Colley

Seized suspension arm

Went to alter the ride height on the weekend, three of the suspension arms are fine but one is not turning to allow me to alter the height. I put waxoyl on them all but obviously not enough on this one.

Anyone recomend anything to get it moving again?

Cheers guys

Is it the upper collar that isn't moving? You've managed to undo the lock ring yeah?

I have the same problem on my nearside rear one (where most of the crap on the road is) and I have to put a 2 foot bar on the end of the C spanner in order to get it moving, along with a good soaking of release spray.

I now use duct tape on the exposed threads, which seems more effective than Waxoyl.

You could try putting a bit of heat on it with a blow torch? :scratch:

To stop it happening again you could try a product called 'Anchor Wax' (big on the air-cooled scene) I think its made by Morris, it's similar to waxoyl but better and is used to seal boat hulls and rat-look buses! :thumbleft:

Mines the front nearside one as well. Yep the locking ring moves down just the part that actually adjusts it.

Was thinking about the heat option but wondered if any one had tried it?

I've used the blow torch on loads of stuff before to free it off, never on coilovers though! It works a treat, but your best to leave it to cool down naturally afterwards to prevent any distortion.