Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

smoothed front bumper

Gave a look at the Canadian Corrados. Search on google for corrado canada.

Their bumpers are dead flat at the front. I've seen the US flat front and frankly the European one looks neat by comparison. There is a problem with relocating the number plate lower because the steering rack coolant pipe runs behind the lower grill.

ya.. ours are smoothed but we have to mount a number plate over it, so its usually covered. we also have side markers in the actual bumper cover. here's my bumper, not on the car though.. side markers shaved and turn signal holes cut out larger for airflow (moved turn signals to the headlight running lights)

http://g60.atx-hosting.co.uk/pic/june17/bumper.jpg

i like the look of them with the lights left in, v nice! Reg plate on the black one looks a bit too small to be legal?

is that something you're planning to do 8vg60?

I'm a newbie in Vancouver Canada. Photo of my stock '95 VR6, if that helps.

We have the ugly US headlights with blanked off driving lights, and the "fogs" next to the indicators are also dummies. I've grafted in Bosch Pilot 100 driving lamps with lots of Dremel work and grinding off of the glass rims of the Bosch lamps.

I see what Bruno ment, you can't really tell that the bumpers been smoothed if you have the number plater of it.

Thera

here's another couple to look at...

I really like the top pic with the indicators in place .. i'm feeling those deep dish wheels also.. is it your car??

and where can i get a bumper like that :?:

cheers :D

here's another couple to look at...

I really like the top pic with the indicators in place .. i'm feeling those deep dish wheels also.. is it your car??

and where can i get a bumper like that :?:

cheers :D

yes it is my car..thanks for the comments... any good bodyshop should be able to carry out the bumper mods for you ! :lol:

The black corrado looks the nutts it was on the cover of PVW few months ago and then later for sale around £4000 WTF??? lol i thought that was a bit cheap as the owner had done loads of mods to the car, the grey one looks nice too (8vg60) well done mate!! ps how low is your car? and what rims are they?

Cheers Muks

on my first corrado i had moved the number plate and had it smoothed thought it looked good, i ve still got the bumper in tornado red, but want to keep it really.

i now own the ex feature pvw car that you mention above with the complete smoothed front bumper and prefere this look, but i am not sure if it would work with all colours.

i saw one at vw action thing it may have been painted by premier, it had just the indicators left in and thought it really suited the car.