Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

New addition to my collection :)

It aint going to be cheap.. but I don't want to take a stab at a price in case I get it totally wrong! Vince is a helpful guy though so might be worth giving him a buzz in the morning? He can be reached on 01926 812259!

Also, if Vince is too busy you could try PSI Tuning in Stoke. Andy Walker is pretty sound and did my conversion for me ;)

Vince will give you a ball park figure over the phone, he may need to ring you back though

How do you test if heated door mirrors work???

Mine actually get touch warm when they are on.

Although, i wouldnt refuse a decent VR6 just cos the heated wing mirrors dont work.

I have a receipt for a VAG head gasket on mine 2 months before i bought it. It had done 106k and they didnt even ask if he wanted the chains done, muppetts!

Guess what the HG bill was..............................................£978.

Yep, just a head gasket, not one other thing on the bill, now thats ripper and no mistake!

If you want a quality job which doesn't cost a million pounds try Carl at stokevwspares. He charges about £500 for a chain and clutch job including parts and knows what he's doing.

Hmmm, not sure on the value but I'd check the rear calipers straight away, that rusty ring on the outside of the disc should not be there. It doesn't look like much of the pad is making contact with the disc, siezed calipers are very common on the Corrado, either that or they lied about new pads. Good luck with the repairs you should have yourself a very nice car with a bit of tlc.

Charley.

I had a sneaky feeling you were buying that one, I've seen it around Hereford and it was also discussed on the forum a while ago, the general consensus was it *looked* a bit rough! It was advertised in the local rag for around £3.5k IIRC so it looks like he really dropped the price on the buy it now option, how much did you get it for in the end?

With regards to the rear calipers... They seem fine. Hand brake is sharp. When i went to buy it i really did put it through its pace's and drove really well.

My only enoyance is the tappets... I polished up this evening and the colour really has been restored although it does have alot of rust pots dotted all over, so a respray is essential.

I did drive a hard deal with the guy and drove away with a bargain :)

Blimey £1750 for a fully loaded '96 VR6, that is good going, almost half the original asking price lol! If I'd known it was gonna go that cheap I'd have jumped in, hope you enjoy it! :)

looks ok mate!

but if you get bored of it gimme a shout RE: the interior... i`d be interested!!

Ok gave it a good clean yesterday.... Don't think this acr has ever seen a polish. Had to give it T-Cut to restore the colour and get a chine on it... :roll:

I will be getting it in for a respray, Just not to sure if i should do theengine work first although I am just being picky with the tappet noise as it runs like a dream...

Took some pics for you guys.....

Oh yeh, My first corrado with Aircon.. Been awesome these past couple of days :D

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

looks like you got a bit of a bargain!

does it really need a respray?

would a cut back and polish not do the trick??

about £75 for a decent bodyshop to do it....

very good purchase mate, a few hudred quid should sort the bodywork out, get a bonnet off here/e-bay. and give me a PM theres a guy by the bassetts pole that will do the spraying for ya, you can see what job he made of mine first. 8)

The rust on the bonnet and all around has only scabbed really.... I wasn't going to replace the bonnet as the rot hasn't gone though to the other side...

KADVR6, Did you have a full respray?? If so what ws the cost?

Decided to do a bit of prep work ready for the car to go into the sprayers...

They would have done this for me, but I just can't wait for it to start!!!

You know how is gets with itchy fingers.....

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

Well I do know the guys really well... And to be fair to them they look after me!!!

£850.00

This includes

1 Remove all Rust

2 Panel beat dents

3 Smooth sills

4 Remove rear toe-eye and fill bumper hole

5 De-seem rear and remove badges

6 Colour code handles

7 Remove rear wiper and smooth

8 Smooth front bumper

Think thats everything