potatonet

I know this will get locked immediately.... perhaps not....

it sounds like the answer to absolutely everything. so why has it not been mentioned on the news or anything?

Also how does your throttle work if you engine is absorbing this gas by osmosis?

There seems to be a distinct lack of any kind of proper techinical explanation, diagrams, numbers or lab testing of any sort to back up the claims.

I've seen Superman fly and have superhuman strength on TV, but it doesn't mean he actually did it.

So far it seems that the most solid scientific principal is "this bloke Joe says it'll work"... :?

I've seen Superman fly and have superhuman strength on TV, but it doesn't mean he actually did it.

he didnt?! feck! :(

I'd heard that the Yanks had worked out how to run an engine on water and it doesn't surprise me that the government are trying to suppress it - after all, they seem hell bent on being the world No.1 at everything, including Pollution, so a pollution free fuel would really go against the grain........

"Computer, run me a diagnostic on the input polarisers."

"There is intermittant contact in the input polarisers."

Beats VAG-COM.

(Yes, that's a real quote. And no, I didn't look that up.)

G/f realllly wondering what she's living with now... sorry babe!

I don't find commuting in a C boring - I actually take a 15 mile trip to work traffic free rather than a 10 mile trip through traffic.......... so I'm in favour of water.................. in the meantime however, I think LPG is the answer........

It could of course just be electrolysis and you're getting hydrogen off that burns...

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, would explain why it can penetrate through apparently solid objects (a lot of plastics are permeable to hydrogen, so leave them in close enough proximity for long enough in an engine bay, then you might get a hydrogen build up). IS the battery always connected to the cell even when it's in the car potatonet?

If you could run a Corrado on bullsh*t this thread would be good for several miles I'm sure.

Steady there, usually when someone takes the pi$$, I get it in the neck on this one....

the throttle works by inputting a certain amount of oxygen for this to work, sometimes throttle doesnt work and the thing just revs up on its own.

we are either burning one of these things:

gammanon

alphanon

betanon

quentin

all are cosmic gasses, quentin and gammanon are subatomic. I calculated it to be alphanon or another gas (eykaon), but that doesnt make sense because alphanon actually has mass.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8989/russtbl.gif

that is the true periodic table I am sorry to say fellas, everything is measured out in frequency here, not atomic mass.

What the hell am I talking about???:shock: Perhaps a glance back over the last 5 pages might prompt a slight rethink of that question :lol:

Im gonna jump in after reading the thread and drinking a few bevvies.

Potatonet, Dude you need to get your CV into the starship enterprise ASAP they are looking for someone to help them harness the power of flashing blue and red lights for the next level of warp speed.

The whole thng obviously flies above my head but as Dinkus said there are no diagrams or relevant examples just highbrow pubtalk.

It amazes me that someone who claims such engineering greatness can have so many problems with his own car, with even simple things like thermostats. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of this thread is, but it seems to me that you're just trying to make everyone think 'wow, this guy's a genius'. If you're getting this kind of reaction here I can't beging to imagine what the reception would be like over on VWVortex!

I'm fully prepared to eat my words but I really can't see it happening :)

I'm confused!

If i filled a room up with this gas then lit it would the whole world get sucked into the room or would i just get turned inside out?

I'm confused!

If i filled a room up with this gas then lit it would the whole world get sucked into the room or would i just get turned inside out?

By the look if your avatar 4stud looks like you already did :)

Seriously though, this stuff is highly theoretical nowhere near the application stages, let alone being reproducible (hence the cold fusion quip). If you really want advice Potatonet, stick to using the stuff your President is invading countries the world over for.

F that storm,

when you actually see the stuff then you tell me its not reproducable or applicable, until then buy petrol.

I was playing with the foam/gas this evening its highly volatile stuff, and if any of you have been reading posts on google its whats called stage 3, which means we are ready for testing on an engine, we are going to use a watercooled carbeurator engine.

we created an implosion tube of the stuff but our method for lighting it wasnt very reliable, we are going to make another one with a spark plug, but it worked.

bc, no Im not trying to make people think Im smart at all, the purpose of this thread was to ask if I could advance my car 70 degrees at the crank, but it turned into this lengthy discussion of what I am doing and why I am doing and the theory that no one understands that barely supports what I am doing.

I am an alternative energy major at cal poly. Im not a thermodynamics major, tho there is some thermo involved in this process. I absolutely hate corrado coolant systems with a passion because they are flimsy and crappy, VW uses crappy plastic that is their ultimate problem, PS Im also a materials engineer. when I have problems with my C, its normally because I unplugged something somewhere that did something important or I didnt tighten a bolt correctly, or something fell off the car, believe me all the above have happened. the person who owned my car before me treated it like crap and I am here now trying to restore something that was once beautiful and its a real challenge.

I just thought if I am restoring it I might as well revolutionize it because thats how I do things, I was the first person to even attempt to put the AMG charger on a corrado and I succeeded in getting the brackets made and the supports in place, all I had left to do was to put on the CO bung on intercooler lines and put a chip in the car and it was off to the races, but I dont want 10 mpg as darrin states, I want to do something better than petrol. Its my major for christ sakes and if I get the chance to do something that physically is impossible I am going to do it, it might get me another degree in some way.

being as this system requires so little to generate so much I decided it was perfect, notice how I abandoned hydrogen fuel injection on the other forum. well if I can get 400hp out of a corrado that sucks the cylinders closed instead of pushing them open and only do a few simple things, then I will do it.

and yes one of those simple things is actually breaking what everyone thinks on this forum as the ultimate answer. 90

I think it was shortly after that film with Keanu Reeves was released :lol:

I'm confused!

By the look if your avatar 4stud looks like you already did :D

[/quote:09977]

LOL

Don't get the hump again and think that everyone is out to get you (that is getting a bit tired now), but when you burn hydrogen you get an implosion not an explosion. This was a quote from somewhere....

"One technical point about Hydrogen. It doesn't explode. It

burns, certainly. Very hot, and with a dangerous, invisible flame.

However, when hydrogen burns, it combines with oxygen to form water. You

would combine 2 moles of H2 and 1 mole of O2 (6 moles of individual

atoms) to get 2 moles of H2O - water vapor. Going from 3 moles to 2 mole

of volume means that burning hydrogen Implodes, not explodes."

This could explain why you get compression rather than the expected explosion...

No but knowing how a warp drive 'works' is nerdy... :lol:

*quietly conceals his Star Trek Technical Manual*

;)