Jaf

Coding Laserline 988 keyfobs?

Hi,

Can anyone help with coding the keyfobs? I have the leaflet that came with the alarm and have followed the instructions but with no luck. I.e. turning ignition on, setting autocode switch as on and then pressing the keyfob within 30 seconds. As soon as I turn the alarm security key on the alarm blares out and doesn't respound to the keyfob.

Tha alarm has been disconnected from the battery for 7 years as the car has been off the road if that makes any difference.

Also can anyone confirm if this alarm has a thatcham category?

Many thanks,

Jaf

Thanks, I did a search but couldn't find it. So if you would put them on again I'd really appreciate it.

ok i dont have the 998 but heres what i got...

I have instructions for 996V2/996V3/919/917/776/719

As follows:-

Note when programming a new fob ALL existing fobs/touch keys must be programmed in also. The system will accept a maximum of 4 fobs and two touch keys.

Procedure:

1. Ensure that the alarm system is fully disabled using and existing fob/touch key.

2. Locate the alarm control box.

3. Turn on the vehicle ignition

4. Set Dip switch 3 to the ON position. If the LED is ON go to step 6

5. Press and release the arm/disarm button on a valid remote or insert a valid touch key. The LED will light continuously.

6. Press and release the arm/disarm button on the new fob (or insert and remove the touch key). This will be acknowledged by the led going off then on again.

7. Repeat step 6 with ALL fobs/keys to be programmed onto the system.

8. Set dip switch 3 back to off position and turn off ignition.

9. Test all new fobs/keys.

HTH

Ah, oh dear. Thanks for that but it looks as though I'm still stuck as both fobs do not work to turn the alarm off. I have been turning the alarm off using the key in the alarm box but that must mean that the alarm is competely disabled.

Any ideas? Do I just try to code in the fobs with the alarm blaring out?

Have finally found Laserline's website. I have sent them an email so hopefully they'll know. Mind you I tend to find that company's only know about their new products. Will let you know if they're any good.

Oops! I'm a tit...assumed that because the green light came on that the battery in the fob was ok. Voltage was down to 9 volts. 1 pound battery and all is ok.

Thanks again for your help.

Jaf

Hello people,

I'm beginning to have issues with my laserline 988 alarm. It started when I had to replace the main car battery.

Fobs worked OK for a day or two, then stopped working all together.

Please can someone tell me where I can find the 'alarm control box' please? (Is it the main unit located on the back wall of the engine bay??)

resurrection is a good thing right ?

Drivers side or passenger?

I'm tempted to disconnect the battery and see if that does anything...

I just stripped my alarm out (wasn't a laser line mind you) and the 'brain' was behind the glove box on top of the heater piping. There was a 2nd smaller box at the bottom between the back of the centre console and the bottom of the bit that changes the direction of the air (sorry don't know the technical word).