Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Need Help Guys!

Ok, with the car going into the bodyshop at the end of the month I have a decision to make.

My front grill is broken so I need to do something.

I can't decide between a Rieger Grill and brow (£76 delivered) or a new VW Grill for £39?

I've being thinking about this for weeks and still undecided! I know its my decision but any thoughts of inspiration perhaps? :?

I love mine with an eyebrow on.

some fecker tried to have him away 2 years ago and broken the eyebrow to get under the bonnet, and I bought another straight away

(see sig for pic of Rieger)

Ive got standard, and am gonna paint it the same colour as the car, along with the headlight surrounds, and rear number plate surround ;)

I have the original late spec grille, and I wouldn't switch it for anything. The car looks so more... classy... with it on, in my opinion. I'm not too sure how nice the grille would look bodycoloured, but I wouldn't do it on mine, just because I don't think it would look right.

Besides, you can buy yourself a lot of mc'd foods for the money you save. Result :D

Ok, with the car going into the bodyshop at the end of the month I have a decision to make.

My front grill is broken so I need to do something.

I can't decide between a Rieger Grill and brow (£76 delivered) or a new VW Grill for £39?

I've being thinking about this for weeks and still undecided! I know its my decision but any thoughts of inspiration perhaps? :?

how does a new grille for £23 sound to you then??..................tho you do have to go to inters for it of course :wink:

New VW grill?

yes from the GPC stand :wink: ..................assuming they'll do what they do every Inters......its VAT-free

It'll cost me triple that to get there and back though! :sad:

Plus I'm edging towards the Rieger one.

Doh! Decisions!

ive got an fk 4 slat plain black with the vr6 badge in the original location. i love it without the vw badge. Makes the car look plain and agressive, and you can allways add an eye brow, which i did but it flew off at 14? mph and smahes on the windscreen lol.

I'm not too sure how nice the grille would look bodycoloured, but I wouldn't do it on mine, just because I don't think it would look right.

Have a close look at the next Storm you see ;)

just do both and change them depending on your mood! if you're shelling out on a respray, then it's not exactly much more is it...? ;)

Andy, yours aqua blue? only ive got a very tidy colour coded vag original here if you want it. one of the tags has snapped but im not after more than a beer for it! oh and its glue back on, just one of the tiny tiny bits at the top

if nothing else your welcome to try it for looks

I'm not too sure how nice the grille would look bodycoloured, but I wouldn't do it on mine, just because I don't think it would look right.

Have a close look at the next Storm you see ;)

That's true, although that's only two colors. I don't think it would look good on a red car, for example. Or a white car. Black cars would look great with bodycoloured grille.

In my opinion, the original looks nicer with the original bumpers, while the rieger one looks great on rs (4) bumpers and so forth. But as gradeAfailure said, you can always buy one, and then another one later.

Good luck whatever you decide on.

Andy, yours aqua blue? only ive got a very tidy colour coded vag original here if you want it. one of the tags has snapped but im not after more than a beer for it! oh and its glue back on, just one of the tiny tiny bits at the top

if nothing else your welcome to try it for looks

Doh! Guess I should have come here before ordering the Rieger Grill this morning! :roll:

Thanks for the offer but I've gone down the aftermarket route! However, if you want to sell your wheels for the price of a beer than that'll do me! :)