Sign in to follow this  
yellowg60

Boost return deletion kit, fitment guide

the guys at VWvortex said that the tiny filter on the ISV will leak more boost than tha ISV already leaks so you have to reroute it to the intake track somehow...any pics of that?

get a bbm boost hose kit like mine, got it all built in....

The BBM Kit is $299.00!! on Sale!

phpx1sKOQ.main_thumb.jpg

What is the point of plumbing the ISV back into the intake as its supposed to control overboost and vent it,Venting it to intake will have Positive pressure ether side of the ISV and it cant regulate overboost?

The BBM ISV reroute kit keeps the boost from bleeding back into the boost return system by routing it back into the intake tract. Increases boost by approx. 2-3 psi and allows a charger with a power pulley to produce it's full potential. Aerospace machine beaded ends for a solid hose connection. No oil blockage or valve cracking pressure losses. Smoother idle and more reliable than the check valve alternative. All hardware and installation instructions included for a turn key kit.

someone said about blocking a pipe of on the throttlebody with chemical metal to stop the whistle?

Does that make sense?

Is this the same thing or .......?

ATP TURBO $45

vvw040-01.jpg

OR

NEUSPEED's HP kit $199

65.10.22.jpg

erm no, the bbm kit is to replace all of the plastic boost pipes and comes with all the silicone connectors and jubilee's, but it doesnt come with a blow off valve (which are utterly pointless on a g60).

you get all the bits in the picture (except the dump valve) the ones you show there are just dump valve take off pipes for a turbo car, i think?

What diameter tubing is required from the breather, I have the twin inlet system so need delete the boost return but want to vent in to a catch tank - don't want to buy one with the wrong bore though

right after reading this now im confused? should the pipe from the ISV be fed back into the boost pipe or not?

ive also seen some of this: http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1748 (look at the bottom of the page) and was wondering if that will do for lubricating the charger rather than having to get it from G-Werks or Pitstop all the time?

cheers,

yes, you could get the neuspeed one above as it does the same thing as what my BBM boost pipes do, except it will retain your original rubber hoses, the neuspeed kit above has the connections in to route the ISV back into boost pipe, you cut your boost pipe level with your isv, place the chrome thingy from the neuspeed kit between the two pipes seal it back up again and connect the blue hose (in the kit) from the ISV to the new connection on the boost hose.

Surely if the isv leaks boost and you re-route it in before the throttle body,it will just keep looping and not actually go in the engine?

It will go back into the engine but cant vent boost when it pinks and retards the ignition plus bleeds air into atmosphere,by routing back into intake you have eliminated the purpose of the idle valve when the engine needs to bleed boost that's why you get 2-3 psi more.

yeah but the isv will leak 2psi back before the throttlebody then the isv will leak it again and it wont even go in the head

The re-route will leak it back into the intake,but it mainly bleeds boost on full open throttle and you have no idea that it does that.You will have positive pressure(on boost) either side of the idle valve when using the reroute kit.

Right, my G60's had the boost return deleted, but has no dinky filter on the ISV, where can I get one from? Also, how do you go about lubing the charger? (I'll be buying some of that PTFE spray mentioned above.)

This is the way my intake/ISV is done, i bought the car like this with the front mount intercooler fitted and thought this was normal until i looked on here!!!

I never have any idle, boost leak or any other problems with it, seems to work spot on!

DSCF0261.jpg

It will go back into the engine but cant vent boost when it pinks and retards the ignition plus bleeds air into atmosphere,by routing back into intake you have eliminated the purpose of the idle valve when the engine needs to bleed boost that's why you get 2-3 psi more.

Yes thats all good, but I thought that was why it was frowned upon?! The ISV is no longer your safety mechanism. There was a thread ages ago about Darren trying to sort this but as I recall it never went anywhere. Are people quite happily running with the ISV re-route then without any pinking, detonation problems?!

I had mentioned this a while back but nobody seems to understand the full purpose of the idle valve and will happily sacrifice the possible failure of the engine for more power.

I have never fitted the re-route kit.

can anyone shed some light on my earlier post to do with the PTFE spray and if the stuff i have posted a link to is ok or not please? :)

cheers,

I had mentioned this a while back but nobody seems to understand the full purpose of the idle valve and will happily sacrifice the possible failure of the engine for more power.

I have never fitted the re-route kit.

I under understand the purpose of it. Eseentially its just a two way valve. What I want to know is is it safe to run the boost the ECU wants to bleed off back into the system?! And you say you will happily sacrifice the possible failure of an engine for more power yet have never fitted this kit?! :roll: