Sign in to follow this  
joby

Peugeot 306 XSi

Depends whose driving :twisted: Went out in the corrado last night after two weeks of driving the Pug bucket around and couldn`t believe how tight the c felt considering it is 3 years older and with just modest of handling kits " Bilstein shocks & eibach springs " the pug wouldn`t stand a chance, There is a huge margin in the difference of quality :shock:

I drive a GTi6 & I've managed to whoop a few G60s! 8) The only Corrado that will keep up with a GTi6/Rallye is a VR6 but the Pug will leave you around the twisties ! I love Corrado's though without doubt one of the best affordable coupes ever made ! I just thought I'd chuck in a Peugeot perspective ! 306 XSi are good but not in the same league as a GTi6/Rallye ! 8) :twisted:

Thanks for sharing your views with us Mr Knight!

To be fair, a 306 Rallye could leave an Aston Martin V8 Vantage round the twisties but I know what I'd rather pull up to trendy wine bar in 8)

I do like Rallyes though. No nonsense motoring. Thing is though, to the unitiated it just looks like any old 306. Could be a diesel or 1.6 with go faster stripes whereas the Corrado is unique.

Kev

The idea of the rallye is good but they shouldve got some one else to build them like ze Germans or the Japs! :twisted:

My sister in law has a white 16v xsi P Reg thats rusting everywhere and the dash is made out of lego and rattles Like a bitch! And it just feel like a cheap pair of underpants! :( Cheap motoring though.

Its Friday WOO HOO! :p

Funny.. I always heard the GTI-6 performance is REALLY overrated, and not as good as legend would have you believe.. I had always quite liked em until I heard a few rather negative opinions. Kinda put me off.

Well now I've got your attention how about giving me the lowdown on your glorious machines, performance etc.

When I purchased my GTi6 it was a choice between 3 cars. A Corrado VR6, Nissan 200 sx or a GTi6/Rallye.

The first 2 were a bit expensive on the old insurance but performance wise all 3 cars were on a par.

The VR6 & 200sx were by far the better cars mid range due to high torque figures, the Gti6 more than making up for this in handling.

Some one said I should get a Golf VR6 & I gave him a slap, the VR6 is only meant for one car & most of you guys own one.

I think I made the right choice but let me here your point of view.

Morning Vee Dubbers. This is another Pugger. We are here to take over the world! :twisted: Well not quite. Saw you post about the 306XSI/GTI6. I picked a '99 GTI6 up about 2 months ago and can say that the build quality in the cabin aint the best and it really doesn't look that fast. However, trust me it is! Doesn't have the sporty looks of the corrado and therefore surprises a few people. I am a corrado fan tho but didn't really want to stand out too much which is why I got the six. You all have a good car there so WELL DONE chaps! :D

someone drop a 6 speed box in my g60 and ill take on any pug, im sure with a better ratio box and over drive i'd suprise a few 306 gti6 owners.

they are quick for a pug, but im not supprised when you've got a 6 speed box to play with.

BTW did you know the GTi6 never made it onto the market here!! seems that it was a special for a few sport made countries. could that be pug selling to a market again??

so we have gone to a ropey old xsi to a gti6 thats evolution gang, its a

more realistic debate when u compare more even matched machines

well i supose id better jump in my pug 306 rallye bucket thingy and go home then :alien2:

Ive had my 306 off the clock, so Im sure a Rallye could exeed those understated figures.

306 - Corrado, both great cars in their own right, the GTi is so different from the S16 I could go on all day about it! (155bhp) not 165 as some people have stated, there was only 1 edition of the S16 and that was the iron block Mi16 lump which produced 155 bhp. It was made from 1993-1995. My GTi was registered in 1996 for the record!

I toyed with the idea of getting a G60 but its so hard to find a unmolested one and lets face it, standard they arnt really up to much for a 1.8 supercharged car. My next car will either be a scooby or a Corrado VR6, again though, hard to find one that hasnt been kevved up with pointless bolt on bits. Still a nice car though.

One of my flatmates owns a P-reg GTI-6 and the other owns a 52reg Cooper S. As boys will be boys, we took all 3 cars down a stretch of road, and without being biased those two were struggling for second place honours. The GTI-6 is quick, but does not have the same grunt as my VR6. I know the VR6 is quicker as my friend couldn't keep up in the twisties or the straights.........

I love the Corrado VR6 for its creamy 192 horses, sublime fwd chassis, and quality build but decided in the end to get a 306GTi-6 for several reasons

a) Cheaper

b) More informative steering

c) Agility

d) Ability to use all 4 tyres.. (Corrado's are a little more front wheel biased)

e) Economy (306 is bad but the VR6 really drinks)

f) Gearchange on the Corrados are baulky.

A GTi 6 or Rallye would be beaten on a straight road by a VR6 but would challenge a VR6 on the twisties and probably beat it if the bends were really tight. G60s would be burnt comprehensively on the straights or bends, unless the supercharger is tweeked.

One thing we should all agree on though is that both the Corrado VR6 and the 306 GTi/Rallye are one of the few decent drivers cars left on the road. I salute all you Corrado VR6s owners as I scorch pas you!! :D

Ok ok.. which Peugeot forum has this been posted on then!!

:lol: Not telling! Come on at least we are being honest and we like the Corrado VR6! I look forward to meeting you G60 guys on the road! Just check out that GTi-6 badge as I disappear into the horizon! :mrgreen:

Don't be so sure.. my G60 is, as you say in your last post, 'tweeked' :)

I looked on PGAC, but no sign of a mention of this thread... come on, share the address.. you come to our forum, we (well I) wanna go to yours! :)

:lol: Not telling! Come on at least we are being honest and we like the Corrado VR6! I look forward to meeting you G60 guys on the road! Just check out that GTi-6 badge as I disappear into the horizon! :mrgreen:

Bring it on ..... :lol: :lol:

I am not telling any G60 owner our website especially one with 206bhp! :shock: :help: :snipersmile:

206bhp?!? *Yawn*... boring... ;) :lol:

(sorry Jim, couldn't resist it! ;) )

I reckon my G60 would give a Gti-6 a good run for it's money at the moment, and I'm still bedding it in! ;) :lol: Just wait until she's been set up properly and I'll have all of her horses to play with! :D

Oh, and compared with a few of the other G60's that are being done at the moment (cross flow head conversions and the like), mine's tame with an estimated 250BHP... :? 8) Some of theirs will leave mine looking slow... :?

Once you talk about modified cars the whole scenario changes. There are quite a few 306s with superchargers, or with throttle bodies,carbs, etc etc. producing 220 to 260 bhp easily. There is one guy doing sub well below 14 second 1/4 miles on a regular basis.

Wow 250bhp! What hve you done to produce 250? Did that require a engine rebiold, new pistons, or is that kind of power available from just a reprogrammable chip. Sounds like you have done quite a lot more than just a chip tweek!! Is the engine reliable up to that kind of power and how many mpg (not that that matters!)?

I use to have an Impreza STi V3 imported from Japan with close to 300bhp and that was unaffordable with its 13mpg thirst of Superunleaded! Made my 306 seem parsimonious on the fuel!

hennys wicked G60 is 1,940L !!! not the norm 1.8 and hes done loads more...

mind you can't wait till alexs... OMG 2.1L 16v G80 thats gotta be good for at least 300bhp.... hey alex :wink:

this whole thread reminds me of a saturday afternoon with one of my cousins whos got a selection of pug GTI's now...... still has trouble on the open roads with his GTI-6 and my not so modified :wink: boosted monster

I am not telling any G60 owner our website especially one with 206bhp! :shock: :help: :snipersmile:

haha found you :D

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread ... &page=last

You guys are dishing us out some abuse on that forum ain't ya :-P

Although I offered my opinion back when this thread first started and I had a 306 (albeit a DTurbo) I now own a G60 with around 195bhp.

A standard Gti6 would beat a G60 straight line, but there ain't that many standard G60's on this forum as its so easy to get the power up for relatively little money... so then it just becomes a competition of who can sink more money into their car :roll:

306 is a nice car, and I do miss mine (probably miss it more if it had been a GTi6) but I much prefer the corrado, better built, more comfortable... but its all preference at the end of the day. I'd love to race a GTi6 to see how fast they are in comparison to my car...

danrem, what 306 is getting sub 14 1/4mile times? the only mental 306's I've seen are ecosse built cars which don't often run. And other people tend to use the 106 as a base instead (batchy, bic etc.)

Chris

danrem, what 306 is getting sub 14 1/4mile times? the only mental 306's I've seen are ecosse built cars which don't often run. And other people tend to use the 106 as a base instead (batchy, bic etc.)

There is a guy with a bid head job (oooer guvner) throttle bodies, carbs and other little mods and is looking to get below 13.8 secs on the 1/4 mile run. I think 13.8 is his record without N02. There are also some boys with forced induction mainly superchargers but this is not so common on the 306... Not too sure what these push out but there has been mention of 300bhp.

Shilakadaddy you have found the holy grail of the 306!

If I get burnt up by one of you G60 boys :lol:, at least I will know that it will be a breathed on example. I just hope that Henny doesn't visit the Surrey area too often!

Was there a 306 rallye that only came in white with white wheels was a 1.6 with six gears?i remember vicky buttler henderson test driving one-are my facts right?

Cheers Fraser