Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Whats it worth thread...

It is with great sadness and regret that i type this, but my car is going. :(

Either in pieces or as a whole, but its going.

After buying the car about a year ago, i have spent more money than i have on it. :shock: Its been the one thing to make me smile in the most difficult year of my life.

After suspension, exhaust, services, general repairs, partial-respray and running costs (due to being a daily driver) and the clutch last week, and the engine yesterday, it has wiped me out, and depleted my savings to practically nothing. :(

Due to it being my pride and joy, i havent cared. Until now.

I cannot warrant the cost of a new engine, or even a second hand one. So am cutting my loses, and selling it either as a whole, or if i dont get any interest, breaking for parts which would be such a shame, seeing as everything else is in excellent condition

It makes sense in the long run after considering all my options, as i wouldnt recover financially for many years, and Im getting to the point now, where I want other things in life.

I hope to stay in the vw fold, and one day return the ways of corrado ownership, but for now, its goodbye old friend...:tearywave

almost in tears now

Desktop.jpg

Its a 91 (J) G60 in Tornado Red.

The paintwork is fantastic, apart from a couple of small spots where its begin to fade, but after seeing Jedi-knights recent pics, i know this is restorable with a proper wax. It recently (picked car up 13th may!) had a quick blowover on the passenger side door, and wing, and round the bumper to get rid of a couple of scratches and stonechips. Was also debadged on the rear at the same time.

New FK Highsport coilovers, pro fitted - receipt to prove. about 8 months old

Powerflow exhaust system. New - receipt to prove

Very good condition BBS RA's (i think - standard G60 ones anyway) 2 tires replaced approx 2000 miles ago, front two need replacing.

VR6 Clutch put in 2 weeks ago! again receipt to prove.

Interior is excellent, slight wear on gearknob and steering wheel.

Working spoiler/sunroof/windows

Rear discs & pads & bearings replaced at the end of April for MOT. 10 months MOT. Taxed until sept.

There really is nothing wrong with it, it just needs an engine!!

Do i try and sell it as is, or break? It would break my heart to do that!!

thats a bit of bad news shaggsy, any chance you could put the c somewhere until finances improve or a cheap engine appears ? ..... just get yourself a little runabout maybe ?

if it has to go me old mate then i hope you sell it as a going concern rather than see it dissappear into bits, i know you have to do what you gotta do and all that but it seems a shame....... :( ....... just out of interest, as i`m sure someone other than me will be interested, how much are you expecting for the car as a whole mate ?

whats up with the engine and is it drivable just now?

any ball park figures for how much you want for her?

I think you'll regret selling it after all the time, money and effort you have put into her. Like gaz the geezer, says you'd be better to store it somewhere if you can until you can afford to replace the engine. If you sell you'll really regret it when you come to the stage when your looking for another C, i am in that position myself....