Sign in to follow this  
CAG

Diagnostics Port?

Might sound like a stupid question but where the hell is the diagnostics port on my 1.8 16v looked under the gear gater but could only find a 12+ and Ground connector which I thought could be for an automatic gear box? :?:

The car doesn't really have an ECU. There's a controller for the electronic ignition but since the fuel injection system is 100% mechanical there are no sensors to store faults for. There's also a small controller for the idle stabilisation and over-run cut-off but it's very simple.

The 2.0 16v uses a KE-Motronic system, which is more or less the same K-Jetronic fuel system as the 1.8 16v but with some additional electronic control to reduce emissions. It has a small amount of diagoistic capability.

If my raddo doesn't have an ECU I take I wouldn't be able to get it chipped either?am I right in thinking that?

Whats K-stars dude? :? Sorry about the question only just started learning about Auto's and want to know more, electronics is my trade. :lol:

There is one for sale on here, I think i remember flusted advertising it amongst other things.

Buying a K-Star or V-Sam is one thing, getting them mapped is another.

Agreed,You need Windows 95 to run the programme and if you can find someone with the programme that helps to :lol:

Buying a K-Star or V-Sam is one thing, getting them mapped is another.

Agreed,You need Windows 95 to run the programme and if you can find someone with the programme that helps to :lol:

Unless you use compatability mode on XP ;)