Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Interview with Porsche GB!

Hi All

I have an interview on Wednesday with Porsche GB in Reading. I currently work for BMW in Bracknell. Finding it hard to get company info from the Porsche website so hoping to pick your brains.

Does anyone know how many dealerships there are in the UK?

If they do any special discounts on servicing? - BMW do 10% off on cars >4 years old

Any interesting aftersales products - equivalent to Alpina, AC Schnitzer etc?

Any new models coming out soon?

Thank you very much for any help, I don't really know much about Porsche, other than I like the 997 and 993 shape 911's...

Neil

seemingly thats not strictly true.............it is a 964 Turbo,and although a lot of ppl seem to think its model name is the 965 it never was officially called that

the Furthest North OPC in the UK is Town and County in Aberdeen

all OPC's(Official Porsche Centre's) charge the same hourly labour rate and models over a certain age have a discounted rate

According to http://www.porsche.com/all/uk/?westlondon

and the Find a Dealer Link, There are 32 Offical Porka Dealers in the UK

I can only think of Ruf who are Porsche's Tuning Arm, but think they may be a manufacturer in their own right! They are what Brabus are too Mercedes!

HTH

Steve

Ruf are independant of porsche,and are a tuner turned manufacturer now

Thanks guys, same houlry rates and discounts are very interesting. BMW hourly rates are from £68 (Scotland) - £200+ (London).

Just found out there first ever car in 1900 was electric and 100 years on all electric cars still suck!

It went well - so HR tell me

But the job isn't 100% confirmed, they are doing alot of restructuring and wanted someone to do what I'm doing at BMW, so it's still a possibility for later.

I really need money to fund my car habits though so I have accepted a job with Samsung in Chertsey for the time being, sounds like a pretty fun job

Oh and also, the Reading head office is the only Porsche agent that will service the Carrera GT - the workshop was full of them! I forgot how to speak for a bit! Very cool office, it had Cayenne's hidden in the trees around the perimiter - Land Rover style, but still looked good

Just got a call from Porsche on Friday and I am through to a final interview in two weeks time!!!

But I've just started a permanent job with Samsung at the beginning of July and they have spent so much on my training etc.

I really want to work for Porsche but I'll feel so bad handing in my notice

good luck with it mate :)

if you need any additional info on the latest models I can get you that no problem ;)

Cheers Dude!

What sort of information?

The more info the better as far as I'm concerned!

anything, I work for a automotive research company ;)

CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS POST. well done for getting this far.

I started at Porsche GB a couple of months ago. PM me dude.

Porsche, Samsung - whoever - the sad fact is that the majority of people who work for companies regard the product as nothing more than that. I can count the number of car enthusiasts who work for Volkswagen on the fingers of one hand.

I wouldn't fall into the trap of automatically assuming that working for Porsche is better than Samsung or anyone else - go to the interview, if you get offered a position weigh up whats best for you and run with it

Porsche, Samsung - whoever - the sad fact is that the majority of people who work for companies regard the product as nothing more than that. I can count the number of car enthusiasts who work for Volkswagen on the fingers of one hand.

I wouldn't fall into the trap of automatically assuming that working for Porsche is better than Samsung or anyone else - go to the interview, if you get offered a position weigh up whats best for you and run with it

I can tell you for sure that the people that work at head office wouldn't have got there if they did not have a belief in the cars. The pasion is seriously adictive and even the people that have been there 10 years + are mad for the cars. a lot of the Mechanics run older Porsches and because of the lead time business model it aint easy to get one as a company car but it is surprising how many have bought one themselves.

I loved working at GM Head Office and BMW Head Office, unfortunately I was on contract but Porsche can only be better! I'll do my best in the interview and see what happens.

Zippy - will PM now!

']['H3R4POR - Polk by chance? It would certainly be helpful knowing their Aftersales T/O last year and the target this year

Thanks for all the good lucks! :-)

Hey. Just wondering what the job at Porsche is - I work at the Reading site (been there for over 3 yrs now) and work with the technicians on the recon side of things. Means I get to see those Carrera GTs every day...

Guess you didn't see the staff carpark then or you would have seen my Corrado :wink:

Reckon you should quit Samsung, not feel guilty and get back to what you want to do - after all no business decision is made cos someone feels bad

A friends uncle is fairly high up in Porsche GB, cant remember how high up, met him a couple of times, he did work fot VW in the mid 90's, company car was a STORM.