Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Is this worth getting?

Hi all,

I just looked on autotrader (again!) and a new rado vr has been added, here are the details:

86,000 miles, Twilight violet pearl (never heard that colour before). FSH. TOAD Cat1 alarm immobiliser. CD Changer. Unmodified. Taxed with 1yr MOT. Excellent condition inside and out. £4,900. ono.

So i would offer about £4,400-£4,500 or is it not worth that?

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

It certainly looks straight enough to me in the photo but you never know until you've actually seen them in the flesh.

If it had a fsh and a clear history through HPI then there's certainly value at that money. I personally would prefer going for something owned by an enthusiast but as I say, that's just my preference.

If you're planning on modding it then that looks a perfect canvas to start on.

Doesn't look bad but considering the current market the price is at the highish end imo... if you can get it for around £4.5 or less and it's hpi clear then it's probably worth going to have a good look at! I'd want leather at £4900 :?

Let us know if you go see it...

strange how there's just pics of the driver side :wink:

True, I got caught out with that old chestnut :roll:

Thanks for your quick replies guys (poet and dint even know it lol) its easy on the eyes, hope theres no surprise ... ok i'l stop that now lol.

It does look mint and it has fsh, it doesnt state what interior it has, iv sent the guy an email asking if its leather as ideally i would like leather for that price as well. He has ono on so obviously he wants less so i think if he breaks down to 4.5k that would be good for me.

If you're planning on modding it then that looks a perfect canvas to start on.

I would mod it yeah, not majorly as they are stunning looking cars as standard. All i would do is get some 9x16 deep dish wheels on, tint it, spray the tail lights all red and get clear side repeaters, and a badgless grill thats about it really. Im liking the colour too, i just thought it was moonlight blue but he states its violet pearl and it has a nice shine to it :D

Im liking the colour too, i just thought it was moonlight blue but he states its violet pearl and it has a nice shine to it :D

looks twilight violet pearl more than moonlight blue..........both nice colours at any rate :wink:

Yeah it looks a nice colour. I do like the moonlight blue and would get one if it was a good car at good price etc but i prefer the shinier colours like blackberry pearl, aqua blue pearl etc

my fave colour is Blackberry tbh :)

and as said above, you want leather for that price.

I paid the same(ish) figure for mine, with grey leather and fsh etc, so thats what you want

Yeah blackberry is an amazing colour but they are SOOOO rare! If any come up for sale its either chavved up, one was an LPG conversion, or has no leather etc. I found a dealer that has a blackberry one for sale which looks MMMMMINT but its £4,995 with 128k miles which is pricey!

If this has leather i will go and have a look hopefully (depending on whether anyone wants my car or not :()

Is there a lower model then? Thats a point actually i 4got the mention i would also lower it lol. Whats a good drop on these? I dont want it too low but i want it to look good with deep dish wheels and to still be practical. Cheers.

Adjustable coilovers - the way forward. Have it as low as you want then (upto -120 at least)

Have you considered buying a standard VR and tidying it up. Leather can be found, and also you'll get to put your stamp on it.

Or buy a dog, and get it sprayed what colour you like! Buy one for 1k - 1.5k, same money again for a respray, same money again for a bespoke re-trim by someone like MJ interiors, or half that for some 2nd hand on the bay (or here) FK Konigsport coilovers 600 and i imagine your close to your budget.

Just an idea to confuse you some more.

:D

Thanks for your advice mate. Its worth thinking about. Id rather get a good one in the first place tbh so i wont have to do much work on it. I already have some wheels lined up on the cheap so dont need that much money spare for them. As for suspension, iv noticed a lot of people have coilovers but arent they expensive? I was just thinking a nice drop of say 60 on some decent springs like eibach etc? Or is that no good?

So 60mm is quite a drop then. What about 40mm, id rather go 40 to tell the truth. Would that bea nice subtle drop and look good with the wheels? Below are the wheels im getting:

Click here