Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

whats should i do next?

1.8T people generally harp on about the VR6 being a waste of time and that the 1.8T has it all blah blah....

That is until they see what the likes of Schimmel can get out of a VR6 with a Supercharger.

At the end of the day, 2.8/2.9 versus 1.8 (or 2.0 if you're rich).... it's a no brainer which is going to have the biggest balls. Yes the 1.8T can make 500hp with the right mods, but it won't last long. And what the 1.8T jockeys don't realise is (forum 1.8T users excluded :-) ) at what cost that 500hp comes in at. If they think they chip a 1.8T up to that sort of power, they are sadly mistaken!! 280 is about your lot with a BAM engine running the standard K04. That's 8psi charged VR territory....whack another 2psi on the VR and 1.8T boy has to get into his wallet for a bigger turbo in order to keep up.

Turbo a VR to get both engines on the same playing field and it's by by 1.8T with it's 1000cc deficit. See ya.

There is no replacement for displacement ;-)

Anyway back to the subject, and your rite Chris VR6nos i havnt made up my mind about how i want to do it but i know i want 230bhp and LOTS of tourqe to go with it!

Good luck if you're staying normally aspirated :lol:

How many more times? You ain't gonna achieve that without a Supercharger, so just forget it and save your money up for a blower.

Schrick, cams, throttle, remap will get you 220hp and 210 torque if you're lucky.....for what? £3k Same money gets 290hp with 260 torque.... it really is a no brainer!

kevHaywire, but isnt 290hp a bit too much for a FWD car! how do you keep it on the ground and what bout tourqe steer????

H8RRA has 331bhp and 311torque and it doesn't spin unless you can't drive, don't read the hype, it's written by people whom have no frame of reference

Chris

There is no replacement for displacement ;-)

You should trade-mark that one Kev 8)

Not that I mean to imply Kev, or anyone else on the form, uses their substantial displacement for money making purposes :oops:

kevHaywire, but isnt 290hp a bit too much for a FWD car! ... what bout tourqe steer????

If it torque steers, you weren't holding on tight enough :lol:

I don't really get any more torque steer than standard, which is good going with a quaife as they do normally introduce a bit of it on uneven surfaces.

The quaife is what makes a powerful FWD car managable through the bends, you just floor it and it slingshots you out of the bend :-)

In a straight line it's not really an issue, so cram as much power through the front wheels as you can :-)

What is Oichans N/A Corrado got now BHP wise?

(Yea I know he's spend stoopid amounts of money :lol:)

Sometimes I do wonder how Haywire/H8RRA/Chris etc etc manage all that power in a FWD, probably just me and my little knowledge of it :)

well if that much powers not a problem for a FWD car, think ill have to start looking into (and saving) for a charger!?

well if that much powers not a problem for a FWD car, think ill have to start looking into (and saving) for a charger!?

i think thats what these guys are trying to tell you ;)

kevHaywire, but isnt 290hp a bit too much for a FWD car! ... what bout tourqe steer????

If it torque steers, you weren't holding on tight enough :lol:

Quality :lol:

Well I don't know what Kev's etc puts out Torque wise, but I'm now developing 247lb/ft of Torque and haven't YET fitted an ATB. I've not so far had any issues with that much power through a FWD car!

and get yer brakes upgraded if you haven't done so already :wink:

seriously tho.........ive spent close on £2k(schrick,2 chips etc) trying to tune a n/a VR.....looking back and with hindsight that would have got me a fair bit more power going down the forced induction route..........like kev says its a no-brainer.............tho obviously check with yer insurance too

so you can fit a charger on a VR and dont have to lower the CR thats real nice if you dont have to ass about with cr's do you get a remap too?

i know i dont have a VR but my mate has