Sign in to follow this  
DUB

ICE

Is there anywhere on here, where i can get a ice install guide {replacment of standard} which includes pics, as i just want to uprate standard setup not go mad with Install's, all help appreciated :wink:

Not sure about a guide, but some manufacturers have speakers that will fit straight into the standard positions, it's just a matter of swapping them over.

But I'd definately upgrade the head unit!

Yeah, the only thing you normally need to do is to re-terminate the vw plugs with spade connectors - most places like halfords etc do a kit with a tool etc for not much...

If you want to keep the rear speakers in the shelf supports (6by4 I think) then you find most uprated ones have bigger coils so you need to chop a bit off the plastic 'basket' that they sit in.. (easy enough)

Not that I wish to get shot down in flames but there is that Haynes / Max Power ICE book. Now i'm sure most of it is a bit of a joke (24 subwoofers MINIMUM!!) but for a book you can just buy off the shelf to give you an idea about how to go about wiring up that sort of thing, then i'm sure it can't be a terrible start.

Actually the principles are pretty spot on in that book,

You just gotta look past the neons and LED washer jets! :lol:

Oh sorry - I think i might have gave the rong impression - I can wire - just wanted to know if there was a standard install guide - as i'm just looking to up grade all speakers with JL coponents and an alpine headunit :)

Not a standard guide as such, but if you use the search, there is a thread on here that tells you how you can put the tweeters in the std position.

there was also a thread (with pics) on how to mod the rear plinths to accomodate 6x4 speakers with larger Magnets, as said above, you have to dremel (whatever) the cage for them to fit)

Yo Dave, where's the thred/link to then ? your usually good enough to put that up aswell! Have been looking at the JL components *&^% thier price'y' might go for alpine all through - unless anyone's goot any better idea's but for more realistic money

I was actually looking for it mate, but can't find it, gimme 5 mins buddy

Edit: some options here

Where's me link then matey? or are you working on that spaceship of yours

read properly my poor sighted friend, I edited my post to include the link about 5 mins after I posted (10:40 this morning).

try clicking on 'here' in my edit on the previous post ;)

spaceships aren't my bag anymore, i've taken a step backwards in means of travel and now work on cars

Cant do anything right, as all i want to do is go down the pub untill i can't stand up no more, i now see will that work with actual replacment 6x4's as those are like a tweet-mid combo :oops:

tbh I can't find the thread I was thinking of, someone had posted 4-5 pics of the process of removing the cage (whatever you wanna call it), and nice before and after pics to fit some huge JBLs, I wouldn't imagine its rocket science to work out what to chop though, just get amongst it with a dremel