Sign in to follow this  
TIMMYVR

VR NOT RIGHT?

Hello everyone, just started using my 95 Vr6 again on sunday its been layed up for about three weeks although started every couple of days and run up to temperature. But the vr roar that it had and all you vr owners know so well :D seems to have lost its deepness, and sounds somewhat raspy. Also although it pulls ok in 2nd and third, it just seems to have lost some of its go and is a bit flat in places in the rev range, definatley not as quick it was before bein layed up. Anyone got any ideas? :roll: Cheers Timmy

Hello everyone, tried the optimax fuel the car is a little better but still not quite right. It just doesnt seem to wind up quite right. I unpluged the air flow meter last night there was a slight drop in the revs for a second but then the car kept running. Was wondering if this could be one of the probs. :(

It pulls ok up through second and third, but before it used to pull hard from about 3000rpm but now it still pulls but not as well, seems to hit the power later and not as strong.

My old vr is still about, ill have to try and get hold of the chap and see if I can try it. Would a faulty MAF sensor effect Bhp ? Thanks again to all of you for your help and advice. Timmy

yeah a faulty maf will drop bhp about 15-20 bhp

Is that a fact?

I would assume that a bypassed MAF (which you'd know about straight away in VAGCOM by the way) would kill the car's performance a lot more than 15-20bhp. I would expect it to run incredibly rich. And that's assuming your throttle position sensor is working really well. If it's not the car won't run at all.

If the MAF is just "dodgy", which by many tales on here can happen then anything could happen. Lean running. Rich running. Anything and everything in between.

It's worth trying, but simple statements such as this do not come anywhere near reflecting the reality.