Sign in to follow this  
rocket

Help vr6 crossmember with vf engineering mount !!

wonder if you can help im currently doing a mk2 vr6 project i bought a crossmember and was told it was a vr6 corrado

i have tried the engine in with the crossmember and the mount that came with the crossmember and it seemed to sit in fine ..

i have then bought a vf engineering mount for a mk3 vr6 which fits the corrado as well (stated on the fitting instructions) i tried to fit the mount last night and it does not fit ???

removed the old mount completely from the crossmember then tried to fit the vf mount and the thread is not long enough to go through the hole and out the other side ?? Please help .... can not see how it is going to fit , is the crossmember the wrong one ??? seems strange if the engine was lined up if is it or do you have to moddify the vf mount ???

crossmember1.jpg

crossmember2.jpg

mount.jpg

Hmmm, not sure mate but as I've just ordered the same mount am well interested in the solution.

That defo. looks like a C VR cross member to me (checks mine in the shed) and the mount looks right too ???

Strange...

Dutch

NickVR6 had troubles with getting his on, I've got a VF front mount and had no trouble. Nick couldn't get the nylock to catch IIRC.

did your mount sit in a cup i have been searching around to see if the crossmember is right and found this pic of one this seems to have a cup section so the mount drops in ???

seems weired if it is not correct that the engine lined up on the standard mount it had

Yeah, it was a while ago but I think it did sit in a cup.

My crossmember has been changed now (tho not by me) so I don't know what the new one is like.

Having looked at mine again the mount should sit in a cup like on the one pictured above.

Not sure if you actually have the correct cross-mber there now as mine looks exactly like the one above when seperated from the other part of the cross-member.

Dutch

All is not lost, looks like you could just flatten down the area where the mount will sit and it will go on as long as the hole and area it's going into is in the right place but as CorradoVR6-n.o.s says, it's not a VR X-member so it's up to you mate, get the right thing really is the answer.

Chris

so has any one got one

Dont fancy taking the risk of making it fit as theres a tiny bit of weight on that mount