Sign in to follow this  
DUB

RAISING MY BONNET

Hi all, i'm looking to purchase some of them lovely bonnet lifters, but have noticed some places want to suply me with single strut from original bonnet stay possition - and others want to supply twin strut on each side - i would prefer the twin option as have plans for engine bay, can anyone tell me otherwise? and what are the best one's to get? cheers

There has been a lot of discussion about this and my car seemed to be the only one to have had these fitted.

Have a search, Chris Hill bought my Vr off me and he put some pic up in his members gallery.

Chris

had a single lifter on my valver, looked ok but kind of got in the way at times and was tricky to fit properly. not that it effects you with a g60 but I dont think they fit later bonnets either. Go for the twin lifters, they give unrestricted access to the engine bay (major bonus) looks smart and are fairly unusual. IIRC the Golf mk3 items from euro car parts fit, theres a how-to in the forum wiki.

not that it effects you with a g60 but I dont think they fit later bonnets either

Some J reg and K reg G60s had late front ends dude.