Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Cringe, that's close...

I always sh!t myself everytime I go up my driveway, I've scraped a few times and this time I thought I'd actually get out and see how close it really is. I couldnt get my finger underneath there... and that's a pound coin at the corner.

mine scrapes every time i pull out of the drive. i just have to ignore the noise. not quite as bad if i go out backwards.

Shouldn't cost much to level it out a bit.

Any ideas how much this kinda thing roughly costs? Do you want a picture of the dip?

be careful doing anything without permission mate - that belongs to highways as soon as you're past your gate.

saying that, in my job i've dug up the highway/footpath a couple of times when its been necessary and i've forgotten to get a permit, and as long as you put it back neatly chances are no one will even notice :)

i reckon you could get dodgy dave tarmac man down to reprofile that for 50 quid btw. 10 minute job. any caravan sites near you? ;)

i reckon you could work round the drain as well. its quite raised so you've got quite a few cm's to play with, and you can shape it down towards the drain cover anyway.

its where the dropped kerbs have sunk around the drain. pull em up, bit of tarmac, put em back. sorted.

i reckon you could feasibly go to the council and ask them to do it. they should be maintaining it. get a pic of someone's mashed front splitter and say you did it on your drive.

proper close!! i had a slightly worse experience recently when i started renting a garage to store the C in while i was out of the country... never gave a thought to the fact that when you drive in it's fine, but on the way out it'd be "splittin' time"... wonder if i could get away with advertising the gully off the kerb as a local landfill?? :scratch:

i reckon you could feasibly go to the council and ask them to do it. they should be maintaining it. get a pic of someone's mashed front splitter and say you did it on your drive.

I like that idea, I'll try a little something-something. Thanks :)