Sign in to follow this  
Tee

Newby

Hello people v. nice forum you got set up here, hopefully you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the near future as I'm looking to purchase a Corrado, I'm 19 and just finished restoring a 1978 Triumph Spitfire which I've now sold, I've also got a 1.6 206 which is so insanely mundane and dull to drive that I've decided to sell that and get a Corrado, I've just brought a Saab V4 which I'm looking to restore over the summer, anyway just wanted to introduce myself and also ask a few questions; I'm looking to get a 1.8 16v what sort of price should I be looking to pay for a solid one with decent mileage? Any bad spots I should look out for when buying one? Whats the common faults on them I'll need it for commuting as well so are they reliable, are there different models or are all the 1.8's the same, any info. much appreciated, cheers

try here for all your answers to what to look for when buying a Corrado...

Welcome to the Forum... 8)

welcome to the forum mate :)

(I love spitfires btw :))

Thanks for the link and the welcome, here's a quick pic of my spitfire and 206:

14st.th.jpg

closest car I've had to a corrado is probably my mk3 polo coupe which I'm also selling at the moment but really looking forward to getting one I'll keep you updated.

Yum, Spitfires are ace cars! 8)

I used to have a 1.8 16v and it was relatively reliable on a day to day basis (if you except the engine going pop on one occasion :-) ). About £1500 will get you a good one, but if you fancy one that needs some cosmetic attention, they're available for under £1000.

Apart from what's in the buying guide, check for the usual (blue smoke, oil in the header tank etc.) and I'd recommend getting insurance quotes through classic car places (Lancaster & Footman James are good) as you can slap in on a classic, limited mileage policy for less than most places will quote you.

Welcome to the forum!

Tom

8)