Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Bodyshop Paint Reacting?

Just got back from the bodyshop and it now won't be ready til Monday! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He said that on one of the doors it had a bad respray at some point and when he painted it, it reacted and went all faded. So now he's sanded it all back down and re-primed it.

Can this sort of thing happen?

:onfire:Youre the thread starter, twisted thread starter.

Im a thread starter, twisted thread starter.

Im a thread starter, twisted thread starter. :onfire:

:lol: least its gettin sorted mate,you'd be pretty pissed if he'd left it

Yea at least he's sorting it properly for ya.

Maybe the hot weather? I dunno...

LMAO greeny :lol:

maybe due to the bodyshops poor prep work?

just think how happy you'll be when u do get her back though,make sure u have a right good look around the bodywork before u drive away aswell there may be more flat spots

Personally I just think he's running behind and used it as an excuse.

Pictures in my members gallery.

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... highlight=

His reputation is top notch through word of mouth so can't argue on that. Plus he might miss the first half of the match because he's being delayed and wants to get it to me for Monday, so can't fault his effort.

its really worth just leaving bodyshops to it even if they do take longer than they first thought, they usually get all sorts of little repair jobs and touch ups coming in and if insurance work comes in it usually takes priority as they need to keep the insurace companies happy to make a living.

one of the doors on mine had to be re-done as it had been touched up with poor quality cellulose paint at some point, and when he painted that part it sort of went very orange peely after about half an hour and ended up looking like venessa feltz's arse, so it had to be taken back to bare metal.

so unless you want your car to look like vanessa feltz's arse you might as well leave them to it. :lol:

maybe due to the bodyshops poor prep work?

just think how happy you'll be when u do get her back though,make sure u have a right good look around the bodywork before u drive away aswell there may be more flat spots

yep, bad prep. At least he's going to put it right.