Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Head Unit

Hey, I have a sony xplode head unit and for some reason when i turn the volume up high the head unit shuts off. it loses power and then powers up again somtimes its keeps on turning on off on off on off. what could be the problem, maybe a faulty fuse, i checked the fuse and it seemed fine (10 amp)

Please help

Sounds like it's shutting down for self-protection or due to overheating.

Check that the speakers are all wired correctly and none of them are shorting out. If that's all ok, you'll need to either turn your music down or get an external power amp..

more likely to be a poor power supply, especially if it isnt on long enough too heat up.

the standard wiring to the head unit can drop the voltage down to about 10v so its just like the crappy headlight loom, if you have'nt run a seperate feed to the headunit its definately worth it, take a fused feed from the battery and a good chunky earth from a good clean earth point as close to the headunit as possible.

Mine does that sometimes... since fitting my amp assumed it must be a loose connection somewhere but might run a new power supply to my head unit....

Speaking of speakers, i was looking to replace my old front speakers anyways. I wasnt sure what size i should get but i dont want to do any modifications. I think the stock size is 5 1/4 but im not sure. Im looking to spend about 50 buks on a pair of decent door speakers and install them myself. I want somthing that ican fit right into the stock opening. Any ideas on what type of speakers i should get.

Thanks