Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Who needs diesel....

...just checked my average MPG over the course of the last 646 miles on my Aqua G60, mixture of town and motorway miles and calculated properly (not direct from MFA) .......39.4 MPG

Well pleased with that and a similar figure than a colleague is getting out of a MKV 2.0 TDi

Not quite sure how a tuned G60 is able to deliver that sort of MPG mate.. really not.

Its standard apart from exhaust, chip and pulley, I never get less than 32MPG out of it and tend to cruise about 80-85 on the motorway, the more miles it has on the clock the more economical its getting

my guess is your speedo is over reading dramatically.

try comparing it against a sat nav unit. I bet you think you're doing far more miles than you really are.

All checked, took my mileage off the sat-nav, I claim a mileage allowance so need an accurate record of mileage. I know I have a light right foot and avoid heavy acceleration / braking (thanks to many hours of police advanced driving tuition) as I easily get 32MPG out of the Bora and 29MPG from the far more tweaked Nugget

There has to be something.

With the chip and pulley on the charger, its going to have some sort of impact and there is just no way with that combo you will be making BETTER economy than book.

I'd consider it possible if you'd done a very long steady run at 56MPH with no passengers, etc in optimal conditions but with mixed driving and that sort of average speed I just flat out can't see how a G60 would deliver that sort of economy!

I took a VERY sedate drive back home after picking up my 16v from Laura last month.. drove back at an average of 70MPH along a very quiet M40 and was pretty pleased to average approx 34MPG - and I didn't even give it a *bwwwaaarrppp* at any point.

Years of checking MPG the proper way (always brimming tank and dividing mileage by amount of fuel put in) and now with benefit of sat nav to verify mileage confirms to me that I'm not missing something - unless some kind soul is regularly topping my tank for me.

Hehe.. the RON fairy is clearly doing the rounds when you're tucked up in bed Andy ;)

I'm staying up late tonight to catch them, wife wants to leave a load of ironing out for them too :D

I'd personally take the C's MPG reading with a pinch of salt, as far as i'm aware it's purely based on manifold vacuum and as such probably not that accurate.

For example, according the MFA my 2.0 valver running on a less than perfect K-Jet setup apparently gets roughly the same MPG as my mates 1.8 Focus, yea right!.

The MFA was showing an average of 44MPG, I only ever use that as a VERY rough guide, it is fun seeing how high you can get it, my journey back from Derby this afternoon had it averaging 48MPG over a 25 mile stretch of the A38

That makes sense, i've done MPG tests on my VR and it was over estimating by 10%.

My OBD2 VR gets about 33MPG on average (displays 37.0).

Hehe.. the RON fairy is clearly doing the rounds when you're tucked up in bed Andy ;)

i hate it when the ron fairy visits me in bed. :cry: