Sign in to follow this  
big_chris1981

fitting aftermarket recaros

ive got my beady little eye on some new recaros....but it would seam that recaro dont make a subframe for the corrado.

anyone got any sensible suggestions?

(using a nail gun/chewing gum/bolting them to the floor or wedging them in with a bit of wood dont counmt as sensible ;))

AFAIK you'll have problems getting them to sit low enough... not to say it isn't possible but you may need some doner seats to chop up for the sub frames :?

But the recaro frames still sit too high. Get a cheap set of C seats if you can and rob the subframes off them and adapt them

sounds like a plan....would need a whole late interior anyway as id want to sell my leather on rather than butcher it/retrim.

shall consult the wallet faries.....

Your only plug and play option is to take the subframe from a set of corrado recaros.. rare and expencive.

good luck with the butchering!

i didnt think corrado recaros had bolt on subframes? thought they were welded?

happy to be corrected....

corrado or scirocco recaro subframes allow a straight bolt in fit of the vast majority of recaro seats. Check the pic in my sig!!

might be a daft question but are the subframes for golfs and polos the same as the corrados, i know they look identical but not sure on dimensions. would have thought that they would do subframes for a golf.

this is the etka image for a corrado recaro seat.....im i right in thinking that number 3, the seat frame, is all you would need to bolt a more current recaro seat to?

recaroseat.jpg

i bought some freshly trimmed recaro's last week, knew i could not get recaro subframes. so got 2 corrado seat bases, and simply welded them onto the bottoms of the recaros :)

i still have the usual corrado seat adjustment, plus i'm 6ft 2" and i still have enough head room, so all you short people will be fine.

i bought some freshly trimmed recaro's last week, knew i could not get recaro subframes. so got 2 corrado seat bases, and simply welded them onto the bottoms of the recaros :)

i still have the usual corrado seat adjustment, plus i'm 6ft 2" and i still have enough head room, so all you short people will be fine.

i was half way through doing this with 2 RS turbo Recaros for my golf, but then I sold it before i'd finished.

They're sitting in the garage as I assumed that they'd sit too high for the rado

They're on Scirocco subframes...do they sit at the same height as rado ones?

Might have to finish them off!

:)

yalan im bout to attack the same affair as you have.

Any major hints/tips on creating a subframe?

yeah:

1) if the 3 mounting points have to be separated, tack in a temporary framework to keep everything lined up and true. Chop it out again when all is in place.

2) don't forget about the seat sag underneath - you might be able to get the seat itself lower, but with the persons weight on top you don't want to find you're sitting on the sliding lever squeezing up through the foam between your butt cheeks!

Cheers bud.

2) don't forget about the seat sag underneath - you might be able to get the seat itself lower, but with the persons weight on top you don't want to find you're sitting on the sliding lever squeezing up through the foam between your butt cheeks!

:thumbleft: :lol:

just a question I have a set of MK3 Recaros can I just transfer the foam over from the reacros into the rado original seat bases or I need to transfer the entire seat base? thanks in advance.

sounds like a plan....would need a whole late interior anyway as id want to sell my leather on rather than butcher it/retrim.

shall consult the wallet faries.....

Well i've got a late interior thats not leather if you fancy a px?! 8)