Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Fecked FUeULiNg VR6

Know it wont help but i know the feeling?

The garage i go to has also suggested Injectors, tho i have been tempted to try the lambda or Ecu, just not got round to it yet, i have had no fault codes with my overfuelling problem, which is only happening from cold, although fuel consumption is poor

If i find the answer i will let you know! likewise, if you get anywhere i would appreciate any info

regards

hi

how long did it run ok for?

if the cam timing was out for a while you could have burnt out an exhaust valve,do a compression test to rule out any sealing or engine issues first!

andy

Hi

Im going to carry out a compression test after my Fidanza flywheel turns up and build here back up. Im going to fit the spare set of injectors I have and if the compressions alright Ill complete building it up and see if its cured it!

Spoken to Vince and a guy at Dub Shack and they both say that the timing being out that little would not cause the over fuelling problem!

So Ill have to wait till next weekend till I can try and get to the bottom of it. :?

Ill let you know how I get on!

Know it wont help but i know the feeling?

The garage i go to has also suggested Injectors, tho i have been tempted to try the lambda or Ecu, just not got round to it yet, i have had no fault codes with my overfuelling problem, which is only happening from cold, although fuel consumption is poor

If i find the answer i will let you know! likewise, if you get anywhere i would appreciate any info

regards

Sounds like mine. No fault codes. Terrible from cold and generally poor fuel consumption.

I'm thinking lambda at the moment.

I havent even read this post but im interested in the childlike TItlE tO ThE POst?!?

Whats with the random SHifT button?!?!