Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

G60 purchase advice needed or anyone want to buy one??

Been offered a 'J' G60 145k in black

any advice chaps - never bought a g60 before - and whats a good price as I'd only be buying it if its a good price.

anyone after a g60 in black as I may pass on the details????

A guy I know paid £1300 for a tidy Corrado G60 last year. It's registered on a K-plate and had done about 150k at the time. It'd had a lot of work done just before he bought it, like new suspension.

When we went out for a drive it was clear that the supercharger was rather tired. He ignored the advice to get it serviced a.s.a.p. and three months later had to fork out a grand for a new one after it detonated. All of a sudden his bargain wasn't quite such a bargain after all. He's still got it though.

prices seem to vary widely - so whats a good price and what do i look for with g60 chargers?

they seem to vary from 1500-4000. the one i bought was mid priced and i later realised i needed to spend quite a bit on...well mostly everything. If i was re-buying I would look for one that has been overhauled all over and not just fixed as and when needed. it'll save you loads. i'd be looking to spend 3.5k - it takes thousands to get g60s totally sorted. yes the charger is important but since it only costs 300-500 to get it serviced i wouldn't say its the most important thing to consider. ask for the receipt of when it was serviced - just looking at it will tell you if it has been touched within the last 10k miles - especially the state of the bolts and oil lines. if its running a smaller pulley then if the owner cares about the car the charger would have gone through a service within the last 25k miles approx.

H8RRA, how much they wantin for it?what kinda condition is it in?the body work on mines not that clever if its dirt cheap i may be able to make 1 good 1 out of the pair

haha it's too bad this isn't a states question being as i know what the market value of the corrados are at almost any point in time here cause i run the classifieds of the Corrado Club of America... but guessing by the £1300 range for a clean G60 value of them may actually less over there?