Sign in to follow this  
G60Rye

Advice on Headlight Ideas

Hi all,

Im back in the Rardo world again, got rid of my Golf VR and got my new Sherry pearl C VR6! And i love it!

Il post some pics of it when i get chance,

Thinking of some subtle ideas for it.

I was thinking of slightly tinting the headlights, fogs and indicators, just to give it an evil look, after upgrading the headlight loom and replacing the lamps for a brighter ones too.

Has anyone done this or has any advice on going about doing this, or the best option etc to get an uprated headlight loom.

Any advice or help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Ryan

Miaoooowww!! :-) I've met Majik, he bought some rims off me and he seemed like a thoroughly decent fellow. Not sure what the score is with his looms but I know he had family issues or something and was away from the scene for a while?

Gav, or H100VW is an alternative source for looms.

I wouldn't tint the lights, but rather detail the lenses in black which many of us have done.

Cheers for the tips,

When you say detail the lenses, what do you mean exactly? Sorry for sounding dumb!

I thought about making a loom up myself, im a sparky, but not sure, think id rather buy one. Give me a house im fine, but i dont know what it is with cars electrics, dont like them!!

What should i be paying for an uprated light loom?

Ry

Kev - does Gav still do the looms? Last thing I knew he was heading off to Oz and handed the torch of loom making on to someone else ...

OK, I haven't been following that so don't know!

On the lenses, you can remove the glass panel and detail the lense itself with paint. It sort of breaks up the big lump of chrome into a two seperate light units, looks quite nice!

Looms are easy to make, I'm sure someone posted up a diagram on here. And you can buy the genuine plugs and connectors from VW.

Thats great, thanks,

if anyone has a wiring diagram and some spec of the stuff needed that would be great,

Also whats the best paint to use for the detailing,

Sorry for all the questions,

Cheers

Ryan

I'm gonna go for the tinted lenses at some point I think, I like they way they look, just gotta be sparing on the tint spray, as they stuff I bought makes things pretty dark pretty quickly.

Gav, you actually made it to Oz aye?

Gratz fella :D

Have a good one, I loved it out there

Yes, eventually............. :) :)

Don't get here much though. Still trying to find a job.

Gavin

I opted for green city lights on my euros here in canada. A simple 5w bulb making the car very visible. Even talked a biker into puting one on his Harley. :lol:

careful with painting the refelctive lense... if you use tape on the reflecting chromeish section it will probably peel right off with the tape... it's very weak... even masking tape pulls it up usually... although i have seen people get away with it...

here's the big thing here in the states with headlights...

DSC_0339.sized.jpg

Headlight_Install_001.sized.jpg

CRW_5566.jpg