Sign in to follow this  
Rado__Tom

What suspentions fits the C

Mk3 definitely would, pretty sure mk2 would as we've just taken coilovers off a mk2 and put them on a corrado vr6.

cool i thought mk2/3 would, just in the gsf catalogue they list the same part numbers for rear dampers for mk2 and corrados but different front part numbers didnt know if fronts were different

Won't the Mk2 dampers (the fronts at least) have different springs to the VR?

Be a little careful fitting stuff designed for Golf Mk2 onto youe C. As I found out Supersport Coilovers made my car bounce about all over the place and the rebound was awful. After getting a replacement set and exactly the same result i found out that they were designed for the Mk2 Golf and the C is a lot heavier.

the mk2 coilys we put on the rado vr are spot on

I doubt that very much, nnless they are MK2 VR6 spec ones. There is no way MK2 4 cylinder spec suspension is man enough for a VR6.

cool i thought mk2/3 would, just in the gsf catalogue they list the same part numbers for rear dampers for mk2 and corrados but different front part numbers didnt know if fronts were different

the rears will be fine if they match the springs (spring rate) you have if they're uprated ones, although when I used uprated gas dampers (intended for a golf 16v) in the back of my C (boge I think) they were far to stiff even for Eibach Corrado springs :?

Many of the VAG front units will fit physically but you're better off with dampers designed to match the rate of the Corrado specific springs, if you can get a set of adjustable dampers (e.g Koni TA's, inserts/legs or coilovers) then you'll be fine with most Corrado springs, I wouldn't use fixed damping legs designed for a golf though, most of the 100kg or so extra weight of the C compared to a golf is up front.

David.

the mk2 coilys we put on the rado vr are spot on

a VR mk2?

can't be a 4 cyclinder mk2, VR weighs more than me!!! ;)

Strangely, ETKA lists Mk2 springs as a possible fitment at the front for a VR6 engined C.

Other possible fitments for the VR6 at the front also apply to the 2e, 9a and ADY 4-cylinder cars

Dampers are the same accross all models (although there are 2 versions at the front.

At the rear there are only 2 springs listed - one of which fits all models, while the damper is VR6-specific.

So - in theory - an uprated Mk2 suspension set-up ought to be fine on a VR6 Corrado...