Sign in to follow this  
vdubCorrado

it's hard to resist... RHD parts... conversion questions

so i've been dying to do a RHD conversion on my Corrado... i know i need the dash, bezel, climate controls, steering rack, brake system (because RHD is a 2 part brake i am told?), oh and down pipe on a G60 (but since i am swapping engines i would not need)

am i missing anything? i really want to do this, but i would like to know all the parts i need... and anyone selling? :lol: i'm not even sure what i would be able to get all the parts for plus shipping... i was given a price by someone back here in the states but i don't know if it was all the good of a price or not... and shipping was alot...

any info would be appreciated! thanks

Justin

why would you want to convert yer LHD to RHD????especially as its a LHD market you stay in????...................madness utter madness

HAHAHA bill gates... what a lucky bastard...

part of the reson being i want RHD drive is show... no one i ahve ever seen show a corrado here in the staes has been a RHD corrado... i've actually even tried to just straight up import a corrado here but if i bought a corrado form UK to here you knwo damn well i'd want to drive it... and well in turn i'd end up doing somethings that may not belegal if i could not register the car as "kit" car or a lost title car over a certain age... which ended up seemign to be a pain and i want to do it...

that and i really want to drive RHD haha i want to move to england... seriosuly but the girl doesn't like the idea... my dream job is to be designing amps for Marshall Amplification... too abd i never really did much of my electrical engineering degree... although i can hand build some of the older Marshall amps...

that and the movie shawn of the dead was hilarious haha what point that has i don't know... but i said it...

a lot of hassle and grief just to have a RHD Corrado.........afterall at the end of the day you'll still have an American Corrado albeit one that has been converted to RHD,maybe the onlt RHD in the states but its still a US-spec one....go for it if you have to but its gonna be like throwing good money away

a lot of hassle and grief just to have a RHD Corrado.........afterall at the end of the day you'll still have an American Corrado albeit one that has been converted to RHD,maybe the onlt RHD in the states but its still a US-spec one....go for it if you have to but its gonna be like throwing good money away

actually it won't really be a US spec corrado when i'm done... only thing US about my Corrado will be is it was shipped here with a VIN for this country... being it was made in germany in thr Karmann plant like every other Corrado, and every part that makes a Corrado a european Corrado will be found on my car... so much so i am ditching the G60 engine to run a 16v, now reguardless it's a fully built 16v that will be turbo, but i completely chose the 16v engine because it came stock in europe where as it was not even an option here in the states. i already has the most part of what makes a corrado euro but the RHD drive will hopefully take it to the next level... not only will the car be euro with a fully built 16v turbo, i will also shortly after the engine is built be looking to get either rallye golf or golf syncro AWD parts to make the car AWD... i am also trying to get a G60 Jet interior for my car so i can take out the red dot cause US Corrados along with Euro corrados had them... (atleast what i'm told and seen on here) so yeh... i want my car in no way shape or form want this car to be a US spec... for my own gratification and while i am at it i can use it as an excuse with the girl for show purposes...

It would probably be cheaper to import a UK-spec car than to convert a US-spec one...

not only would it be cheaper it would save me ALOT of work... unfrotunatly it is what i am told impossible to get a euro corrado here in the states street legal... i would have to convert all euro spec parts to US parts along with making the car become equipped with air bags, which is tough because the no US Corrado ever had air bags, the only Corrado i know of is the 95 Canadian Corrado and their bumpers what i am told does not pass US safety requirements...

not only do i love Corrados but my Corrado and i have a hell of a history... basically spent $20,000 on this car once already, sold it, between all the owners after me basically stripped all the stuff i put money into but got it back for sentimental reasons and are starting all over again with no regrets...

thanks,

Justin

actually it won't really be a US spec corrado when i'm done... only thing US about my Corrado will be is it was shipped here with a VIN for this country... being it was made in germany in thr Karmann plant like every other Corrado, and every part that makes a Corrado a european Corrado will be found on my car... so much so i am ditching the G60 engine to run a 16v, now reguardless it's a fully built 16v that will be turbo, but i completely chose the 16v engine because it came stock in europe where as it was not even an option here in the states. i already has the most part of what makes a corrado euro but the RHD drive will hopefully take it to the next level... not only will the car be euro with a fully built 16v turbo, i will also shortly after the engine is built be looking to get either rallye golf or golf syncro AWD parts to make the car AWD... i am also trying to get a G60 Jet interior for my car so i can take out the red dot cause US Corrados along with Euro corrados had them... (atleast what i'm told and seen on here) so yeh... i want my car in no way shape or form want this car to be a US spec... for my own gratification and while i am at it i can use it as an excuse with the girl for show purposes...

It would probably be cheaper to import a UK-spec car than to convert a US-spec one...

not only would it be cheaper it would save me ALOT of work... unfrotunatly it is what i am told impossible to get a euro corrado here in the states street legal... i would have to convert all euro spec parts to US parts along with making the car become equipped with air bags, which is tough because the no US Corrado ever had air bags, the only Corrado i know of is the 95 Canadian Corrado and their bumpers what i am told does not pass US safety requirements...

not only do i love Corrados but my Corrado and i have a hell of a history... basically spent $20,000 on this car once already, sold it, between all the owners after me basically stripped all the stuff i put money into but got it back for sentimental reasons and are starting all over again with no regrets...

thanks,

Justin

but RHD is really UK spec not Euro spec per se...............if you want to get it Euro spec then go for it,but bear in mind that euro spec over here means LHD,surely if you convert it to UK/Euro bumpers you run fowl of the law due to not having marker lights too??

idd, 'euro' spec is LHD, not RHD, we're the only ones within a few thousand miles that drive on the Right (left) side of the road.

Well I do understand off of you points with 'euro' really being LHD but well I guess I mean UK when it comes to that... I dunno... but yes I am well aware my car will be illegal in every way shape and form haha but in the state I am buying a house in I only ever have to have it inspected once as long as I own it and emission/smog tested every 2 years till the car is 20 years old maybe 15... either way I'm not far off... but I will have all of my US parts to have it inspected... but I guess like many said I will stick to LHD...

I hope none of my responses seemed offensive in any way I guess the way I word things throws people off sometimes and I do appreciate all input...

Thanks,

Justin

we're not saying don't do it as such........at the end of the day its your cash....but it seems to be a lot of expense to go to for something that might be lost a bit on your peers over the pond

yeh, well i'm still asking prices around i'm so much at a toss up when it comes to this... but here is another reason i am thinking of going RHD...

*Mod Edit - Please resize huuuuuuuuuuge pic and re-post :)*

don't knock too much... the dask kit is everywhere and well when i bought the car the first time it was "cool" at the time, but now i look at it and i don't particularly care for it and it would probably be easier for me to put a whole new dash in that take the kit off neatly incase someone wanted to buy it and clean the dash...

oh and the shift light and boost gauge are now gone, and the god aweful shift boot gone as well haha