Sign in to follow this  
mirroredone

Passat door handle

Hello,

i've got a small problem if anyone could help,

i got a couple of passat rear handles for a 94 - 96 car, from euro car parts, and went to fit them this morning, i was quite happy as my new steering wheel turn up to, (which went on nicely and looks mega).

only to find that the locating screw on the side of the door doesn't match up with the new handle its about 7mm to the left of the hole, and it doesn't open the door, the handles themselves have a more rounded edge.

so my questions are, (if any one can help)

1. did any one have problems with the part no. from the sticky that stevemac left? ( cos VW are being anal saying that if they are wrong they can't take them back).

2. do i have to change the mechanism as well?

3. did anyone have problems with the locating screw?

4. do the handles look exactly the same ( excluding the lock) as corrado one's?

or does anyone have the handles and mechanisms for sale?

cheers all

lee

The handles look exactly the same as the C ones but without the lock. You need the mechs too for them to work as the striker arm is longer. From the sounds of your description you have the later handles with the 'more rounded edge'. I have a drivers side handle you can have for £6 posted, don't have the passenger side or mechs though.

Yeah, you've got the wrong handles - you need the rear door handles and rear door mechs from any 88-92 Passat, not the facelifted 93-96 model...

Yeah - they should look identical to the Corrado ones -

I have a pair with mechs if needed - £40 (would have offered before but I thought you just needed mechs and I want to sell these as a set...)