Sign in to follow this  
yellowg60

Walesys yellow G60

Hello chaps,

Just thought I would introduce myself as the new owner of Walesys old yellow G60 (should of done it sooner really :oops: ).

Just to get things up to speed, since I bought it, it has had a few mods done to it, starting with G-Werks exhaust, de-cat and oil cooler, SNS chip before even being collected 8) .

Then last week, Golf G60 FMIC, Rad, fan and associated pipework was fitted, along with a charge temp gauge (will get pics up, only cost £26 off fleabay and looks factory :wink: ), boost and oil pressure gauges were fitted in a pillar pod. Twin inlet airbox has now been fitted, with polished intake pipe. Alternator, ISV, Rocker cover have also now been polished and all wires have been wrapped in yellow insulation tape, bay is looking good :wink:

Tomorrow car goes off again to have Schrick 268 cam, solid G-Werks front engine mount, electric fan fitted to oil cooler, ported and polished throttle body, 68mm toothed pulley kit, rebuilt G60 box with VR 1st, 2nd and 5th, VR clutch.

Exterior, is now slammed on FKs with 15" Mugen motorsport split rims and Yoko rubber.

Interior, both front seats replaced with non ripped, good bolster same trim items, momo wheel and SNS gear knob, DDI dials with chrome surrounds.

Then goes off next week to have wings, bonnet, front bumper and debadged grill with grill spoiler sprayed. Wings will have the indicators removed and a sprinter vent welded into the drivers side to feed cold air to the air box.

Thats it really, just wanted to say hi and let peeps know about developments (if they are interested :? ) and hope to see some of you at some of the meets in coming months.

Pics will be following soon :D

:crazyeyes: woah, you didn't hang about with modding it did you? :lol: :notworthy: 8)

Get some pics up... will be interesting to see this rapid transformation... 8)

Jesus...

The poor thing wont know whether it's coming or going! Good luck. :)

and you've owned it how long?? :lol:

nice work chap, might as well do it all early on and enjoy while your wallet recovers

I have absolutely no patience Henny, I had an idea of what needed to be done, so it had to be done :lol:

Piccies will be coming when the paint is sorted next week, drivers wing is currently a different colour to the rest of the car and I would rather it looks A1 before I post piccies :wink: Will take some engine bay and interior pics at the weekend though.

There will also be a special head going on there with some trick bits from the states, that wont be for about a month though :norty:, I hate waiting :lol:

I have had it just over a month :lol:

I was quite lucky, as I had a Golf G60, that "donated" the FMIC, Rad etc :wink:

The other bits, I will have to thank Darren and Rob at G-Werks, but they dont need anymore advertising, or I will never be able to speak to them :lol:

hello yellowg6o, you were lucky to get the bananamobile, the last owner truly lurved it !!!!! ..................... it was only a matter of time before social services were called for `fruit abuse` ............

yellowg60, PMSL!

Yeah dave really did love 'old yella'

gaz the geezer, Still makes me chuckle every time I see that photo!

I should have Walesy prosecuted for pot noodling my Rado

:lol: ............. i have more photos but i cant put them up for fear of being banned from the forum, let me know if you start criminal proceedings :lol:

Just a quick update, picked up a full black leather interior (including the first aid kit 8) ) yesterday, it is fitted and looking sweet :D .

Big thanks to James who sold it me, hope your heads better mate :wink:

Piccies to follow later on today.

S.

hello yellowg6o, you were lucky to get the bananamobile, the last owner truly lurved it !!!!! ..................... it was only a matter of time before social services were called for `fruit abuse` ............

Is he kissing the car, or humping it?

woah! theres some work gone into the banana!

Good luck with the rest of the project.. although it sounds like you dont need it!