Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Fan Wires

Well, another problem arose today, my cars battery died so when i went to jump it the fan came on, i took the jumper cabels off and it went off, the car had been sitting all night so it couldnt not have been hot. I did it agian and same thing happend. So then i started to look around in the engine when i discovered that the freakin wires that are next to the fan had fallen in to it while it was on and the f***** fan cut them up. about 5 are cut and another 4 are semi cut/split. That is probably the main problem as to why the fan stays on all the time. I guess it happend last night when i was driving and didnt really noticed the fan on because is usually does that and i guess it stayed on all night ultimately draining the battery. Do you think the problem will be fixed once i strip the wires and re connect them?? Sould i weld them or can i just tape them up? and any suggestion on how i can prevent this from happening. This car cant go without problems for more than a week or so. Still love it lol

Thanks

your best bet is to match the wires up trim them back a little and then solder them back together and then tape them up and finaly zip tie the loom out the way , hope this helps buddy :D

Hey,

this dam radiator fan is pissing me off. It doesnt shut off until it kills the battery. Any idea why the fan doesnt shut any solutions. i fixed all the wires but it doesnt shut. What can i do please help

Thanks

no im pretty sure its just the fan, i dont know where the fuel pump is, stupid me but i checked and nothing else seems to be running

this car never seems to stop having problems lol

thanks

No help as of yet mm

I joined the vwvortex forum and got some help but i still like this forum much better lol anyways some one there said it definetly is the radiator fan switch or i should say thermoswitch (thats what it says in the repair manual) if its the switch how come when i unplug the connector it still goes on? I dont really understand how the swithc works becuase it has 3 prongs on one side and a flat part on the other, how does it work. Please help anyone i need to fix my car. lol Could it be the switch or maybe somthing else. Advise me

Thanks