Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

My G60 New wheels, new camera so new piccies

Well, after nearly 4 months of ownership, I’ve decided to go public with my C. Purchased at the end of March, I bought what I thought was an immaculate low mileage G60 with cream leather etc… Only now after 4 months of hard graft, I feel proud enough to show her off.

Lowlights:-

? New cambelt

? New Top mounts

? New Wishbone bushes

? New Bump Stops

? New brake balancer & rear brake pipes

? Seized front N/S calliper

? Re-hang exhaust

? Sort Lambda control

? Sort ignition / timing

? + loads more

Highlights:-

? Clear side repeaters

? Headlight upgrade

? Detailed engine bay

? New s/wheel

? New G-Werks chip, pulley, oil feed and oil cooler

? New Falcon Alarm

The car had been on a SORN for 3 years and thus a lot of work that I’ve carried out has been to rectify stuff due to the car not being correctly stored.

One of the most disappointing aspects was the quality of some of the remedial paintwork, which I didn’t spot when I bought it. Anyway, I have spent the past week flatting back the paint and polishing to remove unwanted gremlins in the lacquer topcoat and the results are bloody impressive.

At last I have a car to be proud of – considering I was contemplating cutting my losses only a month ago.

I know she has nothing on some of the wonderful machines owned by other Forum members – but I’m happy!

Wow, absolutely stunning mate. Love the colour, and the interior - although i'm not sure about the carpet colour but that maybe just the pics?

Thanks,

No the carpet is light grey, which I actually quite like. If a cream carpet comes up then I may be interested - but it would have to be in as good or even better condition than the one already fitted!!!

Also I think suspension is the next priority!

Looks great and the leather works really well with the paint! I'm guessing the interior isn't factory fit judging by the carpet... still looks damn good though 8)

Cheers for the positive feedback.

Makes it feel all worthwhile. Must admit though, when you've been working on the car for so long, you only see the bad bits rather than the ggod.

Does this make sense?

Makes perfect sense mate! bought my c recently and it was only the bad bits i could concentrate on! It's all worth while in the end tho.

Lovely looking c by the way!

Just a few more pictures as I’ve had the car for nearly 12 months now.

Highlights:

Weitec Ultra GT lowering kit

Uprated headlamps

Rebuilt & ported super charger courtesy of G-Werks

RSR

Centre console dials

Waxoyld chassis

A couple of rear engine mounts - GSF replacement just too harsh.

Repainted brake calipers black as the previous Hammerited metallic gold / yellow was just too much for me.

Lots of other little details too, but nothing spectacular.

To come:

Tinted rear lights from ARZ tuning - only been on order for 4 weeks...

Supersprint exhaust system sitting in my garage.

I also need to invert the output of the low oil pressure switch from the dual pressure sender as 360-006 VDO unit is opposite to the original VAG switch. Going to put a relay just behind the fuse box to achieve this.

Sorry about the poor pics by the way - a new camera is called for!

Still not the best photos, but car now has RS4 reps fitted.

I think they look cool.

Only problem is that originally I had the rear suspension on it's lowest cup setting as I felt the car was bit high at the back compared to the front. Unfortunately, I had to lift the lower cups by one setting (10 mm) so the cup clears the tyre (slightly bigger rolling radius) and the car looks a bit high at the back.

Will fit 60mm springs on the rear eventually to offset this, but first I need to sort a blowing exhaust (when cold), a new near-side track rod end & some new brake fluid.

Oh yeah, and she needs a polish

Talk about a labour of love...