Sign in to follow this  
Storm_VR6

Door Pods Help!!!!

I recently installed 5.25” infinity Kappa components in my Rado and to be honest, I am quite disappointed….don’t get me wrong, it is a definite improvement from the standard Nokia setup but still not as good as I had expected. I know the way round all this is to buy myself some audioscape pods but I can’t afford them at the moment, unless someone on here may want to sell some second hand ones ??? Thought not!! They must be awesome……..

Is there anyway I can improve the standard pods ? Reinforce them in some way ?? has anyone had anyluck with doing this ?

Your advice would be appreciated……..

You can probably dynamat the inside of the pods to strengthen them up a bit, otherwise I'd get a sub for the boot to take care of the low-end grunt. Infinity Basslinks are an all-in-one amp/sub that aren't too expensive.

i'm in the same situation tbh, dunno if I can justify the price of the audioscape pods :(

I'm sure they are worth it, just alot of dollar atm :(

Dinkus - Will try and get some dynamat but that stuff is expensive. Didn't explain clearly before, my full setup:

Infinity 10" Bass tube - dam thing rolls around in the boot, how can I secure it ?

Denon DCA 800 Amplifier - Great Amp

6 X 9 Infinity Kappa - Interfering a little with the sub so might be up for sale soon as they are not really needed.

5.25" Infinity Kappa Components.....

Don't get me wrong, all this does sound quite good but I know that the front speakers can sound a lot better.

']['H3R4POR - Very expensive mate but I'm sure they are well worth it otherwise they wouldn't be so highly rated.

you love your punctuation don't you reaper1_3 ;)

I cba to build door pods, got enough things to fiddle with that I want changing.

I think in the long run i'll go for the audioscape, the price just seems a little highwayman like to me :(

reaper1_3 - Would love to make my own pods, the only problem is I got a "D" for CDT ( design & Tech) so my pods would more then likely be a lot worse then the originals......would be interested in reading the "how to" thread though......Thanks for your suggestion.

['H3R4POR]I think in the long run i'll go for the audioscape' date=' the price just seems a little highwayman like to me :([/quote']

The actual materials cost of the pods is admittedly pretty low, but the number of hours it takes to make each one is mad and hence why they cost so much. I don't think they actually make any profit on them when they do them in GBs and stuff...

audioscape all the way fella, they just look so` factory` fitted and the attention to detail is excellent .......... they might seem pricey but it`s like mr dinkus sez, they make very, very little profit and your getting top materials and workmanship ..... just makes sense if your serious about sounds :thumb right:

reaper1_3 - Great thread on "how to" but looks quite difficult.

Dinkus - How much are the Audioscape pods ??

gaz the geezer - Everyone wants top of the range gear but finances need to be taken into consideration...

gaz the geezer - Everyone wants top of the range gear but finances need to be taken into consideration...

sure fella ............. they are about £180 for the pair btw

yep they are not cheap I didnt fancy making my own so i bought some audioscape ones which as previously stated are the biz.....

the thing is the materials would cost so little mdf, filler, and some faux leather it might be worth giving it a try... your not gonna loose much by giving it a try....

reaper1_3 - The threads are great mate, thank you for your help.....I think I'll save up and buy some audioscape ones, the only thing is that I would also need to buy some 6.5" speakers, any recommendations ?

It might sound a bit stupid, but it would be worth taking it to a decent ICE place (err Audioscape for example) and getting them to set it up and/or suggest improvements.

They spend all day setting up systems so will be able to make the most out of what you've already got and be able to tell you where the weak parts in the system are. It might cost you an hours labour or so, but it might transform your system. Either way, it'll give you something to mull over and some pointers :)

Dinkus - I'm sure they could tune up my system for optimum performance but in all honesty I'm quite capable of turning a few screws here and there to make it sound good to my ears. If money wasn't an issue, I'd scrap all my gear and turn up at audioscape for a full install.

First step is to get the door pods, when's the next group buy and how much would I be looking to pay if quite a few forum members were wanting to buy ?

......Your Satin VR looks awesome mate, stunning car.

I was thinking more along the lines of setting the head unit, crossovers and amp up properly, but fair do's :)

I think the pods are something like £160 in a GB, maybe a smidge less if you buy speakers for them at the same time.

Thanks for the comments on the VR, but it's looking a little dented at the mo :(

These things happen mate, sure it will be sorted soon enough...just think, you could of been a Saxo or Nova boy, total write off in that case!!

Good luck with the fix...

You can probably dynamat the inside of the pods to strengthen them up a bit

It's not worth it mate.... won't make a bit of difference!

I only have two choices :

1 - Make my own

2 - Audioscape Pods

Unless I can get someone to make them for me, no chance of making my own.

Saving up for the Audioscape....am I right in thinking that they are made for 6.5" speakers ?

Once I have the pods, is there anything else I can do to the backing of the door cards or to the inside of the door to improve things further ?

A friend is also selling a Genesis Amp for quite cheap, nothing much to look at but it's meant to be one of the best!!! Not sure If I really need it with my setup, is my DCA-800 good enough eventhough it's quite dated now ?

I'm going to be purchasing a load of Audioscape gear in the next couple of weeks and going for either a Genesis Profile 4 or 4 Ultra. They don't look all that exciting, but they're superb sound and build quality. They're rated very low on the power-output, but that's just because they're overly cautious - the actual output of the amp is usually somewhere around double what they rate it as.

The Audioscape pods are indeed for 6.5" drivers.

Dynamatting the outer and/or inner skin of the door makes a noticable difference to the road noise inside the car and is well worth doing.