Sign in to follow this  
rgn

VAG-COM and 2.0 16v 9A query

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to use VAG-COM with a 9A engine? I've tried and mine (v3) it only finds the ABS controller. RossTech say it should work and the problem may be with my third party cable, but I'm sure I read in the VAG-COM sticky that it is limitted with the 9A engine. If you have used it or tried and fail please let me know before I buy another cable. Many Thanks

I've had a scanner on mine and it read engine codes as well as ABS... I have heard of people having problems getting VAG-COM with the 9A :?

Thanks for the replies guys. Nice to know it should work! Where, apart from RossTech, is the best place to get a cable, preferable USB?

afaik I think there maybe a specific version reqd to interrogate the 9a

Vince didn't have a problm with mine, but he wouldn't :lol:

Ilexa, http://www.onboarddiagnostics.co.uk , very very nice people to deal with. I popped my (third!!!!!) cable on Tuesday on a Skoda Fellatio and they had a new one to me next day although I was a few hundred quid lighter. NOTE:- If you plug your cable into a car, check the radio is original or pull it out first. Rushing around trying to keep up, I have forgotten this a number of times and it has now cost me three new cables in a year and at near £300 a go, that hurts!

Cable must be electrically isolated not optically isolated. V409.1 minimum, v3** doesn't work with 9A. Baud rate speed is critical, must be set to 4800 in the set up BEFORE the engine ECU is interrogated otherwise the ECU chokes. Reset by switching off ignition and back on again before trying to interrogate the ECU again.

Thanks for the reply, I will give v409 a try set the baud rate ,as I dont think I did this therefore would have been set to the default 0. If it still a problem, I will get a new cable. V3 did see the ABS controller tho!