Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

16" Azev 'A's on a Corrado?

Anyone got a pic of how they look? I've got 16x7.5 'A's on my mk2 GTI, thinking of putting them on the Corrado (Once I've bought one)

Not sure whether to do that, or find a nice set of reconditioned BBS splitties....how do they look on the C?

cheers,

Hello mate, i havent got a pic 2 show you at the moment, but i can tell you that im running my Corrado on those exact wheels and it looks crisp. if your C is lowered 35 - 40mm on those babys it will look good.

although a nice set of split rims never fails to please on a C 8)

..so whatever you do, it sounds like it will look good! :D

ive a pic of azev-a's on a C look like 17's tho......but at least gives you a better idea.........btw this is some guy called Tommo's motor

That car is shining likes someones spunked on it looks amazing...

that rear bumper as a splitter like on the front..from what i see is it the front one put on the back and cut for the exhaust???????????

that rear bumper as a splitter like on the front..from what i see is it the front one put on the back and cut for the exhaust???????????

yeah biggrim as the same idea on his one :wink:

Take it from me ...the Azev A will NOT fit on a VR6 C. Its due to the design which is slightly dished. They fit beautifully on the rear but foul the callipers on the front.

I had a brand new set & had to give them back :( . Anyway, I now have a set of 16" RS4 wheels on which are perfect for the car size wise, offsets etc. They're not bad looking either :)

hi vr6storm,

just wondering if you get any arch rub on those Azevs. i had 17" lenson DTMS on mine and they rubbed like mad on the rear. They have 215/40/17 tyres.

thanx

hi vr6storm,

just wondering if you get any arch rub on those Azevs. i had 17" lenson DTMS on mine and they rubbed like mad on the rear. They have 215/40/17 tyres.

thanx

As Roddy isn't about, that isn't actually his car - maybe he could ask the owner for you though.

Kevhaywire and Pau1 you both are indeed right........they do look like stilauto sigma's.........though if you have a look at this G60 which belongs to John Kerr Scottish host VWCCGB he has Azev-A's on his and these do look the same as the pic of "Tommo's" car

http://www.kf010a4571.pwp.blueyonder.co ... G%20JK.jpg

the best person to ask(other than Tommo is 8vG60........he is a mate of Tommo's)...........though i reckon that you both are in the right tbh as the centre cap does seem to have a slight difference

Sigmas are my all time favourite wheel or they were at least until I saw a VR6 wearing 17" Audi TT competition wheels at Stealth on Thursday :lol:

The guy was having H&R springs plus Eibach ARBs fitted to it and took me out for a spin afterwards. I was impressed by the ride with 17s, no worse than my 15s. Therefore I have changed my mind about big wheels on the Corrado, they can work.

Interestingly, his 17s weighed the same as my Speedlines!

We both had our subframes seam welded too which Vince used to do to the Vento VR6 cup racers. Makes things a lot stiffer down below.

I'm considering having the whole car seam welded next year sometime.

Kev

There's something i have always considered. any idea how much it would cost for a pro to do it?

There's something i have always considered. any idea how much it would cost for a pro to do it?

Sorry I don't know mate. I was thinking of incorporating seam welding with a respray. I reckon it'll cost a fair bit.

Kev

oh well. i wouldn't even really know where to get that kind of thing done. i reckon it would fair stiffen things up a bit. shame. but i spose it aint a necessity. :(

Those are soooo cool J 8) 8) 8)

I'd say their the best wheel for the Volkswagon Corrado. The angles of the spokes, along with the slight dish seem to compliment the C's front wing perfectly.

Take it from me ...the Azev A will NOT fit on a VR6 C. Its due to the design which is slightly dished. They fit beautifully on the rear but foul the callipers on the front.

I had a brand new set & had to give them back :( . Anyway, I now have a set of 16" RS4 wheels on which are perfect for the car size wise, offsets etc. They're not bad looking either :)

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but I found this thread in searching for Azev wheels.

How is it possible that it clears a G60 but not a VR6? while the stock off sets are different, isnt everything about the brakes the same? calipers and rotor dimensions (save for bolt pattern)?

Im looking into getting a set and having a lovely time (sarcasm) doing so here in the US.

When looking at wheel options I tried a set of 17" Azev As on my VR6. The rims were 8" wide, admitedly the car wasn't lowered at this point but there were no actual fitment problems and they cleared the callipers comfortably.

We both had our subframes seam welded too which Vince used to do to the Vento VR6 cup racers. Makes things a lot stiffer down below.

Kev

Kev> sorry to hijack, but do you seam-weld all the way around the frame? Just asking as I might get my mk3 one done before having it powder-coated?...

Cheers

:wink: