Sign in to follow this  
daytona600

The best

My VR6 has been bugging me for ages, hesitant, lacking in power etc. I had an idea my injectors may be to blame. I had read that Redex was a bit of a waste of time but it was on offer at our local motor factors today so I thought I would give it a try.

Was I glad I did! The results were almost immediate. Now my VR6 feels like a new car, much more responsive and loads more power 8)

Has anyone else had a similar experiance with this product?

My advice if you have the same problem is give it a try.

ps I dont work for Redex

i tried drinking it but did'nt really notice much difference :nuts: , seriously though it's great that it worked for your vr, now add some optimax & that baby should really fly :x-mas:

I have to say that I can only get 98ron petrol here(no supply of Optimax or Ultimate sadly) and my S3 does not run well on the stuff.

I bought some octane booster and puored a bottle in the tank and what a difference!

There is no hesitancy(sp) any more when you want to go qiuckly i.e. to overtake something,or any 'pinking' of the engine.

It's worth trying if you ask me.

I can get optimax but to be honest I did not see any differance between that & the Esso high octane. I suppose you have to keep using it to see a real benefit.

Apparently Redex is paraffin dyed red with a BIG markup.

Sure I read it on here written by oilman.

I've run a couple of bottles of Redex after my Rado was sat for a year, and it did seem to clear the system out.

My VR hates Optimax, really runs badly on it, I need to get a full tank, and then reset the ECU, then it should be happier

Haven't used redex in the rado but did use it a few years back when I had a clio that was hesitant, lacking in power etc (what little power the clio had anyway!). :D Whether it is just paraffin dyed red or not it seems to do the trick!

Redex is an upper cylinder lubricant and it is the result of that which gives you the smoother and slight more responsive engine.

The crud in the injectors, if any present, is not within the scope of Radishex to remove, only ultrasonic bathing can clean up injectors properly.

It's just a marketing gimmick. Use it as an upper cylinder lubricant, but nothing more.

Try forte Gas and/or forte Injector treatment its really good stuff supplied to the trade. You should be able to pick some up from most garages. I ve used both on mine and its done wonders.

I used to pur redex thru the top of carbs and watch it all come out the exhaust ( well if you could see the back of the car)

also pour it into the spark plugs holes and see more carbon.

I always thought it was banned as it was full of lead,obviously I was wrong.

chubbz

ive used a couple of cans of forte stuff before, comes in like a baked bean can, seemed to really free the engine up and improve it all round, much better than redex, think the best solution is to give it best petrol possible tho...if you can afford it, if not then you shouldnt be driving a corrado!!

i second that. using optimax or BP ultimate instead of normal UL pales into insignificance when compared to the cost of keeping the fleckers on the road!