Sign in to follow this  
E1K

UK CANNON BALL

This IS going to be organised for next year. Looking for 100 cars and drivers to enter with a prize of 2-3k. Entrance fee will be £50 with a paid after party for all who enter and help.

Date yet to be confirmed, but looking at late show season next year.

Just looking for a general concensus on who might be interested.

What we have come up with so far...

I think the way forward is to have a 3-point event with an overall time.

I will do the route in advance in a fairly quick time. I may need to make some adjustments to my speed over the duration of the event. The time that I complete the event will be the time everyone should aim to match.

The closest time to this will get the top prize with 2nd getting £200 and 3rd getting £100.

This way it would mean that all who entered would stand a chance of matching the time. This makes it less of a race, and more down to the skills of the driver.

What to you all think....

If you are interested then you need to regester your details.

send a mail to mailto:[email protected]

Info needed :

1)Names of you and your co-driver.

2)Your home address so that info can be sent to you direct.

3)Car details.

UCB.

Maximillion cooper and his best mate David are having thier Gumball Rally in Europe this year, even they won't hold an event in UK because the police have different powers than say in the USA or Europe and you get flashed too easy and get points which in other countries it's more likely to be just a fine, so the idea is fun but the practicality is not so, plus we aren't millionaires! We want to keep driving our beloved Corrado's.

Comments lads??????

For/Against

Chris

the general opinion ive seen so far is a no..far to risky,illegal,you could even get your car impounded,plus your insurance would be void because you would be taking part in a race/time trial,even if it is just for `fun` ,it would only take one person to see the possible 3k cash prize and just drive like a loon,and they could hurt themselves or an inocent party...not good!!

looking at starting in the south an going to north wales, Stoke and back down south.

If you even think about going any where near North Wales, I have six words of advice for you...

North Wales Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom :shock:

:lol:

(If you don't know who he is, I suggest you google)

:mrgreen:

I'm up for it..........................................................................................

As long as me co-driver Bez leaves his bloody rattles at home!

Laters,

Shaun.

heh

Would you trust this man as a co driver? :shock:

Yeah, but would you want to try and pull him over if you were a copper?!? :shock: :lol: He'd just stand there dancing to the lights and siren! :lol: (/Bill Hicks)

Thanx Monkay, we knew what you meant James ;-)

The police did put a few into a cell for the night on the last one, a few of my friends were on the rally and i have loads of pics of the goings on, not to mention the stories of behind the scenes! :-)

Chris

Doesnt sound like all that much fun, seems to short, would be better if it went on over a few days and included routes through the isle of mann and ireland ect, with some kind of party for the final nite to finish it all off, just like the real one.