Sign in to follow this  
mattosmond

How Rude!

Hi guys and gals,

i just realised how rude i have been using this forum for over a month now without introducing myself properly. :nono:

So here goes, i curently have a mk4 golf 1.6 which i am looknig to chop in for a corrado 2.0 16v, which is waiting in the wings....

I have had 2 golfs (mk3 and 4) and now want to move onto something a bit special and sportier in the vw garage...... and i think the c will be just right. i have to say though i have used forums for my golfs and none of them are as close as you guys and nowhere near as full of useful information......

I am going into my last year at uni so am a bit strapped for cash so the 2.0 16v should be a good starting point i hope....

(quick question is a well looked after c going to be reliable mechanically or not?)

I just wanted to say hi and someone please buy my golf so i can get on the c ladder...........

Cheers :compress:

Welcome... 8)

Mechanically, the valvers are the least hassle, but as with any 10 year old + car, there's gonna be some gremlins which will be hanging about to bite you on the bum... :lol:

Hello mate, welcome along, are you a newcastlite who is studing in Southampton, or the other way round. There's a couple of us corrado owners around the Southampton area, and if you want you could have a bit of a poke round my 1.8 16v if you want.

I think like any car, you're either lucky with reliability and running costs or you aren't. Especially now they're reaching 15 years old ish, things do go wrong infrequently. Your best bet is getting up to speed with fixing stuff and mechanics.

I am from Whiteparish, nr romsey and study transportation design in newcastle..... that's a really kind offer (toad), i may have to take you up on that sometime :)

I know the place, I know stockbridge/kings sombourne/broughton way fairly well.

think like any car, you're either lucky with reliability and running costs or you aren't. Especially now they're reaching 15 years old ish, things do go wrong infrequently. Your best bet is getting up to speed with fixing stuff and mechanics.

just been saying similar things on a different thread, hava read of the 'possible inane chat ' thread. he's in a similar position to you.

personally if i really wanted a corrado i'd think fxxk it! & go for it, if you expect things to go wrong then your forewarned but when it's running sweet these car are an absolute joy to own & drive.

if it does keep breaking down just get shot, there's loads of us waiting in the wings with our credit cards at the ready!

another (semi) local! :D

If you're looking for a nice valver, look no further than a member named 'sciroccotune' whos selling a nice red example and is from newcastle. should be in the 'for sale' forum, but if not its one of the first corrados that comes up on autotrader.

If you're looking for a nice valver, look no further than a member named 'sciroccotune'

yeah i'd second that, really nice motor! i know of a nice white 1.8 16v which is only minutes from sciroccotunes? not sure of the price at the mo but it'll probably be a similar price to the red one.

there you go, got a choice of two already! shame they're red & white! not the best colours in my part of the world (in the football sense of course!)

(red and white)They are good in southampton!!!!

I have aleady found one i'm interested in i am just tryig to shift the golf....

i have it on findit.co.uk,pistonheads,here and gumtree..... and it's going in the trader asap......

so hopefully i will get shot, not that i don't like the car coz it's been fantastic hassle free motoring......