Sign in to follow this  
StirlingStorm

"Abandoned" VR6 in Aberdeen?

I got a call today from one of my old mates from Aberdeen. He says there's been a black K reg VR6 sitting outside his house for months now without being touched. It's now got tickets on it saying it's going to be towed if it's not claimed soon. It looks in fairly good nick apparently so it would be such a shame if it did get towed.

Does anyone know what happens to unclaimed motors like this? I'd give it a home if I thought it was possible.

yep aplly for ownership if you get the log book its yours and then just take a door handle off get a key cut override the alarm hey presto a vr is yours! where was it now :lol:

oo can you? I had a look on their website and couldn't find any info other than the fact its tax ran out in March. Surely someone must still be the registered keeper though so how could I take over ownership without his/her consent? If I could get them to tell me who it is I could maybe contact them and offer to take it off their hands I spose... Anyone else got an idea?

tell me whereabouts it is ABZ and i'll see if i can grab some pics..........see if its worth saving

ah the old "tell me whereabouts it is I'll take some pics." line! :lol:

:wink:

tell me whereabouts it is ABZ and i'll see if i can grab some pics..........see if its worth saving

ah the old "tell me whereabouts it is I'll take some pics." line! :lol:

:wink:

worth a try :twisted:

seriously tho..............you know me Glen,I'm no wheeler dealer-honest g'vnor :wink:

Well if you do manage to nab it, you're a lucky SOB! :)

Guard the location mate.. if there is a free car up for grabs i'm sure most people would do their best to get there first!

Apply for the Logbook as mentioned above... They write out to the current registered owner to tell them that someone else is applying to be the registered keeper...

If thety don't reply within 14 days... You'll get the V5 in your name :):):)

Its a sign! I cant sell my current car to get the money to buy a vr and now there's a FREE one :D *gets map and looks for aberdeen* :lol:

i know someone who did this with a caddy. they were going to take it away, he asked if he could have it, all he had to pay was the £10 to repair the handle as he had to break it to get in.

Well, I managed to get hold of the owner - it doesn't sound like my cup of tea any more but have a look at what he said and if anyone's interested, PM me and I'll forward his Email addy when I get back from my holiday at the end of the month. I didn't talk money but I expect he'd be happy to see it go for next to nothing seeing as he's risking it being towed! Oh and don't blame me for his spelling :)

Here's what he said:

"The car is a K plate still all standard apart from the K&N filter

installled. It as a cloth interior. I will need a new battery and starter

motor. It does move because I tried to jump start it with no luck. Its done

about 140000 miles and is making a ticking nose when the engine is running.

Have spoken to a few people who have said it could be the Top End needing

attention although someone else did mention because I put new tappits in

that it might be the fuel pump. Not enough pressure or something. All the

electrics still work and as far as I can see they are the only problems.

It really should go to a good home."